Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

vermont bucks

Old 08-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: vermont bucks

Nice vermont bucks!
Old 08-03-2008, 10:54 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Vermont_hunter

i know the law thank you very much, the slat block is in our cow pasture, the salt is for the cows and the deer also come to it, therefore it is legal. second the four pointer is no wear near any salt. thank you for being worried about the law but i am not braking any law, you should see the amount of pictures of cows i have to delete.... thanks for the comments guys
The fact that you have a trail cam aimed at the salt leads me to believe that feeding cows is not your only reason for the salt lick being there, or even makes it hard for me to believe it is the primary reason for the lick. I agree with the earlier person's post. I've not read allVT law, but I'd be mighty careful if I were you. I'm only just starting law school, but it would seem to me that what your doing could easily be considered breaking VT law and perhaps you should thank us for mentioning this to you in a post before someone less friendly goes and reports you to a DEC officer. The photos you posted may be enough evidence to incriminate yourself or at least spark an investigation. Cool pics of the deer though, I myself don't use anybait at my cam (wouldn't have a problem doing so if it was legal in NY State), but I believe even when it is not hunting season that would be considered illegal baiting here too.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:52 AM
Typical Buck

well i am thinking of becoming a game warden, so i do ride alongs with our local game warden, i have asked him about it and he said as long as the cows use it and i don't hunt over it he doesn't see any problem with it being there but if so many of you have a problem with it i will only post pics from my other cams around my property and places i hunt. all of which have no bait, the only reason i have a cam on the salt block is because there is always deer tracks in among the cow tracks. i thank every one for their concren though. i am planning on moving the cam to an apple tree soon because they will stop dropping soon