Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Number of pictures? >

Number of pictures?

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Number of pictures?

Old 07-19-2008, 08:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default Number of pictures?

I set up my trail cam last thursday, and tookit down today. All I had were 2 deer (big buck, no rack pic though, really big doe)that walked by on the 15th at midnightish. I only had 8 pics, ignoring the few picture of armadillos and rabbits that I had.

My question is, how many trail cam pics do you usually get a week this time of year? What do you set it up over>?
Old 07-19-2008, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Number of pictures?

You need to leave it out WAY longer than a week. Your scentwill take a few days to dissapate. Set it up by food sources, water sources. Etc.
Old 07-19-2008, 08:18 PM

I check mine every week. I usually average around 15 pics. Sometimes I get more, sometimes I dont get very many at all. There are just alot of variables.
Old 07-19-2008, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

i set my first one up over one of my food spots. its full of clover and corn that i spread out. i just brought mine in from less than a week and had 21 actual deer pics. i check ine at least every week. of course i also take care to make sure i leave as little scent as possible.
one weeki had all bucks and one doe. this time no bucks and all does. never know whats gonna happen
Old 07-19-2008, 08:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Right now, I'm getting about 250+ per week at my house. On another farm we hunt, we don't get nearly as many.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm set up in a funnel between 2 corn fields...with my I40...right now I get a pic about every day or every other day....deer passing through...

If I run bait I will get pics every day.....doe(s) and 1.5 year old bucks in velvet....usually the buck pics only come about every 3rd day.

Mostly a Doe and Fawn display....

Old 07-19-2008, 09:11 PM
Typical Buck

I usually never check cameras more than once or twice a month.I usually get anywhere from 50-300 pictures and videos combineddepending on location,bait and weather.I also take a 1 minute video per each triggering.You will be surprised what you catch on video that you didnt catch on the still image.I have had many still pics that only showed part of a deer and after watching video you can see what you were missing.Also video helps you determine if you are getting false triggers such as branches or weeds blowing in front of the camera that you wouldnt see in a still image.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

200+ easy in a week. Though I have it on 1 minute delay so the same stupid deer will get its pic taken 15 times as it licks the mineral block.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

On corn or minerals, i could get 500+ a week. On trails, maybe 20 on a good week.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll usually average between 100 to 200. Alot are the 3 pics feature but I'll set up between treelines and crop fields. Seems to be good browsing areas for them.

Quick Reply: Number of pictures?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.