Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Need clarification on Moultrie I-40 Battery Life >

Need clarification on Moultrie I-40 Battery Life

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Need clarification on Moultrie I-40 Battery Life

Old 07-12-2008, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Need clarification on Moultrie I-40 Battery Life

HNI buddies

Looking for some truth on this. Getting ready to pull the trigger on a Moultrie I-40.... Is it true that the (6 D Cell Batteries will run for as much as 150 days??) Thats what the add says anyway.

In the dead of winter this I-40 will have long battery life? Bitter Cold with D Cell?

Please let me know...I need clarification that this cam is not using an external source to produce these results....before I buy...

I had to hook a 12V external to my Stealth Cam to get a month. Thanks.

MW

Old 07-12-2008, 08:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Need clarification on Moultrie I-40 Battery Life

ive had the i 40 since prob july last year and the batteries lasted all winter prob till feb
Old 07-12-2008, 08:21 PM

I have the I 40 and the M 40. I put the I 40 out in june took it down last weekend. Had about 700 pictures mainly at night. Also was using cheap Bass Pro batteries. I put it back out today and it had 80% battery life left. About 600 pictures were at night. They will last a while.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:19 AM

150 days is way under the time the batteries will last. I put mine out in may, and it's still at 90% battery life.

Only problems with it:

When You tighten it on a smaller tree/post, the battery/SD card access cover can open slightly because of the case twisting. And I'm not impressed with the gasket on the panel.

The SD card can be a pain to get to if you have sausage link fingers. I have small fingers and it is difficult to get the card out and in.

But it takes great Pics and Video!!!!! Over all I'm very happy with the I40

Old 07-14-2008, 04:34 PM
Fork Horn

Mine was out in COLD Pa weather from the end of January till mid may and I had to switch batteries. Which owuld be about 150 days and I was averaging about 700-1000 pics a week so the battery life is GREAT
Old 07-14-2008, 05:38 PM
Fork Horn

I put mine out in Feb (here in Texas) and left it for two weeks. The batteries died but that was due to what happened not the camera. When I set the camera up I didn't strap it down to be assaulted by cattle. [:@] The unit took about 120 really nice pictures and then the cattle showed up and the last ok picture was a cows tongue running up the camera. They knocked the camera sideways and a cedar branch was in from of the camera so everytime the wind blew it took a picture. Two weeks later I had 1800 photos and 1600 were the cedar limb. This caused the camera to use its flash almost constantly at night. So I was happy considering camera performance. It was user error.

Jake

PS. I set the camera up today with a 2GB chip instead of a 1 GB chip. I will be gone for two weeks, lets see what is coming into the feeder in the heat.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:42 PM
Fork Horn

I have had mine out since last jan.,taking upwards of 900 pics a month and it's still going strong,I agree on the card.But it is the best camera that I have owned
Old 07-15-2008, 10:50 AM
Fork Horn

I've never had the batteries last that long. I however take a lot of pictures. I usually get about 4-6 weeks on the batteries taking about 500-1000 pictures a week on high quality. It is still much longer than the 6V battery Moultrie used from a couple of years ago. I could only get them to last a week.

I really curious on how long the batteries will last with 6 D rechargable batteries AND Moultrie's new power pack that just came out this year.