Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Scout Guard SG 550. Next Best Camera? >

Scout Guard SG 550. Next Best Camera?

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Scout Guard SG 550. Next Best Camera?

Old 12-05-2008, 04:12 PM

Default RE: Scout Guard SG 550. Next Best Camera?

ORIGINAL: skin_dog1

ORIGINAL: pnut

So when will this "new" camera with the SG guts come out and will it be available in the US? I was going to be putting in an order or an HCO 550 within the next month and if I can't get the same camera size in a side opening case then I woud be very interested.
Pnut,
The cams are available now in the US. I can help you with an HCO ScoutGuard or a Covert II
www.covertscoutingcamera.com
www.scoutguard550.com
It looksto mea conflict of interest carrying both ScoutGuard and Covert I. Wonder if these companies have a policy to avoid such situation. Not a good way of doing business like this, IMHO.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:47 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: SSGG

It looksto mea conflict of interest carrying both ScoutGuard and Covert I. Wonder if these companies have a policy to avoid such situation. Not a good way of doing business like this, IMHO.
Would it be a conflict to sell moultries, cuddebacks, or reconyx? How about a mossyoak dealer that also sells realtree? Both distributors are aware that I sell both brands and there has not been a problem. Most retailers carry lots of cometitors products and I've never heard of one company preventing a dealer from carrying a competitors products. Competition is good for the consumer, and if you are a consumer then I would think you would like that.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey skin

I was on your websites today....just curious, how is it that these are NOT part of the same company? I mean its basically the same camera...and the websites even have the same game cam pictures on them? I really don't care, but just curious I guess. Heck the original Covert is called Covert SG550 (as in scout guard 550) and appears to be the exact camera. ???

I will probably get the scout guard anyhow, just wondering what the deal is.

Thanks
Mike
Old 12-07-2008, 03:43 PM
Fork Horn

here is a review from a guy that tested a covertside by side against a cudde no flash.
http://www.mannionoutdoors.com/outdoorforums/viewtopic.php?t=804&highlight=
Old 12-08-2008, 12:03 AM
Fork Horn

Different companies, same manufacturer. Scout Guard is the original first production cam and Covert 1 is a Scout Guard inside with the Covert name branded on the body.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:38 AM
Fork Horn

Joe, where you been? We missed you. I thought you might be out of town hunting or somthing. Welcome back!
Old 12-08-2008, 08:07 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks Dave, Been traveling back and forth. Finally back and settled for the holidays! But like always, I get caught in the last minute rush to get gifts[&:]
Old 12-08-2008, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3212817

Old 12-08-2008, 11:16 AM

ORIGINAL: Bee Busy Outdoors

Different companies, same manufacturer. Scout Guard is the original first production cam and Covert 1 is a Scout Guard inside with the Covert name branded on the body.
So it's a copycat of Scout Guard even it's by the same manufacturer?We all knowin China people make copycats pretty fast, but rarely do I hear the same manufacturer makes copycat themselves, LOL

That's why I said the companies should have apolicy in place to avoid such. For example, if I sellSimmons or Sealymattress and on the floor I display a exactly lookalike and I tell customers, hey, the other one is exactly the same mattress by the same manufacturer but just no "Simmons" or "Sealy"brandname on it.

It's not a conflict of interest if the seller carries both Simmons and Sealy, but it looks strange if the seller has Simmons/Sealy and also some no-name mattress yet claiming to be exactly like the brandname.

I'm still confused. Maybe it only happens in China, never heard of such things in the states[8D]
Old 12-08-2008, 12:19 PM
Fork Horn

It's called private labeling and it happens industry wide in all manners of products, not just trail cams and hunting stuff. Go to the drug store, look at a bottle of tylenol then look at the bottle of store brand acetemetaphin (sp). How bout your breakfast cereal? Same thing. Same thing and alot of times made by the same manufacturer, sold to competitors to be labeled differently. Chevy-GMC, Ford-Mazda...... It happens in all forms, not just trail cameras.

Quick Reply: Scout Guard SG 550. Next Best Camera?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.