Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 All this hard work and no success >

All this hard work and no success

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

All this hard work and no success

Old 07-01-2008, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default All this hard work and no success

Well acually it isn't that much hard work but the topic title makes it more interesting sounding.

Well anyway, about a month ago I set out my trailcam and I went to go retreive it just about a week ago and it said 30 pictures. I was moving around in front of it just to see if it would take any more, and it wouuldn't So im guessing it was full, I grabbed it off the tree, switched it to off and walked back to the truck.
I got home and I opened up the cam's case and the film looked just like it did when we put it in...????

Well, Mr. doesn't know squat about trailcams, thinks that it does that when its full. So I take the film out and ask my mom to take it to wally world (aka Wal-Mart) to get it devoloped. Well she said it will be a week or so before we get the film back because I dont have enough time to come back this hole week after work to get it so I said alright.
A week later my mom calls and said that the wally world employee's said that there was no pctures on the film???

Something is messed up... Well I was thinking very hard and I remember when I put it in that I just slipped it in the holder and moved the beginning of the film over the screen thinking that thats what your supposed to do... Well sense it looked the same when I got it out I claimed that it wasn't in right but the camera still worked...

I dont know what to do, I guess I better just get a new film and read the directions next maybe...

My grandpa said that he has been seeing a bunch of big bucks in velvet running aroun while he was doing hay. I was getting excited to see the pictures...

Oh and another thing that really makes me mad... When I got the camera from the tree I saw that there wa two hugewhite poop splatters on the camera............hmm... what could have done that....
Old 07-01-2008, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: All this hard work and no success

poop = Birds
If I were you I would invest in a digital trail camera. Save up and get a $100 camera. Or maybe wait for Christmas or Birthday.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Go digital!
Old 07-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Save up.... pssh.... lol I just got my part of the 100 dollars today. Helping grandpa moving bails pays off 60% of it. Ill be getting the rest soon from other jobs.

Any suggestions on a digital camera (type wise) ? How long can the batteries last?

BuckRogers, I sorta figured it was birds...
Old 07-01-2008, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

How much arewanting to spend?
Old 07-01-2008, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well how cheap isa decent digital camera.
I would like to keep it in the $100-200 range.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Stealth has a ton of new cams out in that price range
Old 07-02-2008, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Stealth is digital? Lol, dumb question... lol, I dont know any thing about trail cams so im sorta dumb founded when talking about them.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

In the mean time can some of you post your "digital" trail cam along with some pictures from it. (I would like some pretty good quality pictures)
Old 07-02-2008, 03:44 PM
Fork Horn

I would buy the moutrie I40,I bought mine off ebay for 200.00 and that included shipping and batteries from and auterized dealer
Old 07-02-2008, 07:18 PM
Spike

I recommend the moultrie I40, I purchased it at Wal mart for $200. If you have an extra $10 or $20 you should think about getting an SD card. Then you can just switch cards in and out without taking the camera down. My batteries lasted almost 9 months.

Quick Reply: All this hard work and no success

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.