Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

help a rookie

Old 06-28-2008, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default help a rookie

this is my first time putting out my trail cam. its a wildview extreme 4.0 mega pix. i know its a cheap its all i could afford. i had it up for a couple of weeks i think someone stole my sd card cause its not in there and all it store was the 25 pics it will hold on the cam itself. anyway i didnt get any pics of deer it took 23 night pics and the flash went off but the flash isnt that far out and i didnt get any pics of deer. i can see the eyes glowing but thats it. is it cause its a cheap camera and im getting what i payed for or is there something i can do to help. i am going to get some corn or something to attract, hopefully draw them in closer cause this time i didnt use nothing i was wanting to see what i could get natural. help is appreciated as i am a total green horn. thanks.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: help a rookie

I have the same camera works good. It workes best if you keep the batteries and if you point it down a little bite. But it workes pretty good for the money

Old 06-28-2008, 10:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

You probably wont have much luck without something there to stop them and draw there attention. Just make sure its legal to put out some corn or a mineral block. I would recommend a mineral block but that totally up to you.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

make sure you are placing your camera on a good trail. also point the camera looking down the trail, not straight across and try to find a trail that is moving north and south instead of east and west. this way the sun doesn't "wash" out your pictures. sounds to me as if your camera was being tripped before the deer got close enough.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:03 AM
Fork Horn

i had the same problem with mine when i started found out that cheap c cell batteries dont last more than about 4-5 days the weaker they get
the less the flash brightness is.

what i did was converted mine to use a 6 volt battery that goes in those battery powered cars for kids.

here is the proccess 8 inches of speaker wire soldered ends to the pos. and neg. termanals inside the camera then drill a hole in the case ( not the door of the camera) just big enough to get thewire through tothe outside put termanals on the ends of the wire and connect to the battery use silicone to seal the hole in the case.

this battery last about 3 months

here some pics from mine

Old 06-29-2008, 09:11 AM
Fork Horn

my cam is facing a corn field. i figured that was prolly one of my reasons i need to get something in closer to the camera. i still dont understand the flash if i can figure out how to put a pic on here i will do it cause my flash isnt out there to far. thanks for the help everyone.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:19 AM
Fork Horn

Old 06-29-2008, 09:21 AM
Fork Horn

does this work?
Old 06-29-2008, 09:44 AM
Fork Horn

here is a picture i finally got on here hopefully this will help you guys out rather then mejust describing it to you.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

definately a weak flash, try replacing the batteries

Quick Reply: help a rookie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.