Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 problem with my trusty cudde >

problem with my trusty cudde

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

problem with my trusty cudde

Old 06-08-2008, 01:27 PM

Default problem with my trusty cudde

alright guys, i finally have a problem with my cudde. it's full of ants! has anyone had any experience with a insect infestation? i'm not sure how to flush the little fellas out of there. any advice would be apprecitated.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: problem with my trusty cudde

I heard of several brands having that problem.First i don't think spraying ant spry in there is an option.
Can you fit one of those little ant traps in there? Probably not enough room.
Maybe put some kind of ant granules around the tree?

Good luck on this.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:03 PM
Typical Buck

Yes.My stealth cam is full of carpenter ants right now.They are inside the board area too.I am going to try and put one of those ant bait traps inside.Hope it works before they short my cam out or eat wiring.Knock on wood my cuddy has only spiders.The cuddy is also inside of one of those bear safe cases maybe thats helping.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

The tree may have ants in it itself. The ants are attracted to the electrical parts in the camera along with the batteries.Did they chew the gasket seal enough so they could get in to the wiring. Maybe you could set the camera on a table an puts some food out an they would go to the food. Do not know just anidea.Take batteries outan shut it down. An let it set.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:26 PM

i took it off of the tree for surgery. i'm gonna try and stuff a little ant trap in there and see what happens. i'm really gonna be pissed if they've ruined my camera, and i don't really want to scrap it and buy a new one cause all i hear is the new cuddes suck.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know the feeling I lost a camera earlier this year. Good camera had it for 4 years.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Fork Horn

I had a cudde full of ants this spring. I took it home and took the batteries out. Most of the ants came out as soon as I put it down. I moved it and let it set for a few weeks. All of the ants left the cudde and it is running in the woods right now. I would suggest to move the camera to a different tree and also check your future trees to see if there is a lot of ants on it or at the base of the tree.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:55 PM

yeah, the tree i had it on is dead and probably full of ants, i didn't really check. i was planning on switching trees. i've got it sitting in the back yard with the batteries out of it and an ant trap in it. hopefully the little buggers move on out. thanks for the help fellas.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hope everything works out.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ive only ever had spiders and water im my cameras. Ants would be a nightmare. Hope you fix it HH, you do come up with some great pictures.

Quick Reply: problem with my trusty cudde

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.