Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 problem with my trusty cudde >

problem with my trusty cudde

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

problem with my trusty cudde

Old 06-11-2008, 10:02 AM

Default RE: problem with my trusty cudde

yeah, i've been thinking about cudde's new capture with the flash, but i'm afraid to get a new version of anything. i don't want to be the one working the bugs out.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:49 AM
Fork Horn

What the heck was your other one doing. Would it even power on? Or was the motion sensor not sensing? I can't imagine what ants could have done, unless they are jumping some circuit somehow. may be worth getting crazy and tearing it apart.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:40 AM

i did tear it apart. everything worked except on button. the one that advances the mode. she was screwed.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:41 AM
Typical Buck

We had ants in our cameras and what we do is take a large quantity of petroleum jelly and smear around the area just below and abovethe camera. We put it on pretty thick then we spray the petroleum jelly with bug spray. Worked for us.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd give the Capture a try HH. If they had video mode on them I'd buy one.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:33 PM

WELL IF SUPER FAST TRIGGER IS YOUR GOAL...THAN ONLY A FEW ARE OUT THERE...RECONYX, PREDATOR AND OF COURSE CUDDE. ALL THREE HAS 2008 MODELS HITTING THE MARKET RIGHT NOW. I HAVE TWO MOULTRIE I40'S, I LOVE THEM, BUT FOR THE $200 RANGE THE NEW SCOUT GUARD IS HARD TO BEAT WITH A 1 SECOND TRIGGER COMPARED TO THE I40 WITH A 1.5 TRIGGER. THE I40 IS KNOWN FOR WHITE OUT PHOTOS....GOOD LUCK WITH WHAT EVER YOU BUY. THE NEW CUDDE LOOKS LIKE A GOOD DESIGN OTHER THAN THE VERY SMALL AREA FOR LEDS., LOOKS TO BE LIMITED IN FLASH RANGE-AROUND 25FT I THINK
Old 06-11-2008, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you do not want the reconyx, try looking atthe new leaf river the 5 mp withIR. The leaf river also has sound. Or just go back to cudde, let us know what you get show us some pics.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:48 AM
Fork Horn

I just took down an old cudde yesterday that was full of ants. It has been on the same tree for over three months with no problems. When I took the cover off the power was on but the camera was not working. I brought it home took the batteries out and let all the ants get out of there. When a put the new batteries in a couple of hours later she worked fine. Also, I have five old cuddes and five new ones. I just started running the new ones at the end of turkey season (May here in Kansas) so far I haven't noticed a real difference in their performance. I guess the real test will be this fall.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: heavy hitter

so what do you suggest fellas? should i get a moultrie? i know you guys rave about the i40 but i'd like a flash camera. is that the m40? is that a good camera? let me know.

siman, is that you that has the stealth camera that takes sweet pics? what's the trigger like on that camera?is it a flash camera or ir?
sorry to hear about your Cudde. it did take good pic's, if you can afford it, buy another. i just couldn't justify spending that kind of money for what i use mine for, so i went with the Moultrie's.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey HH, I went out to check my cuddeback too this past weekend and found a ton of ants in there making a nest. I blew it out lightly with an air compressor and let it sit for a couple hours and it seemed to work fine and it took pictures. I put it back out and hopefully everything is OK.

Quick Reply: problem with my trusty cudde

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.