Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Trail cameras and success? >

Trail cameras and success?

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Trail cameras and success?

Old 05-19-2008, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Trail cameras and success?

Do you think trail cameras help you put the buck on the ground or are they just a source of entertainment.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Trail cameras and success?

I don't think they help put him on the ground, but they surelygive you an idea of what's running around your hunting area, that's for sure. I'm like a small child at Christmas when I go to check my camera!
Old 05-19-2008, 09:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: early in

I don't think they help put him on the ground, but they surelygive you an idea of what's running around your hunting area, that's for sure. I'm like a small child at Christmas when I go to check my camera!
Exactly!!!
Old 05-19-2008, 10:03 PM
Typical Buck

My cameras helped me pattern a decent 8 point to the point I only had to get on stand 1 hour before I took him.So yesthey did help down a buck for me.The cameras are always entertaining.I cant wait to a get a few more out.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Its both IMO
Old 05-20-2008, 08:04 AM
Fork Horn

If you see a big buck with your cameras it can help you stay in your stand a bit longer. It can also do the opposite, if you don't see any big bucks on camera you might leave your stand a little earlier because you don't think you have a chance of seeing a big buck.

It's easier for me to stay longer if I know that there is a big buck in the area.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

hunting in the West..i don't think they help you put one on the ground...but i do feel 100% that they give you a better idea of what they do, patterns, activities, times of movement..etc..etc....anything to help you put the puzzle together..
Old 05-20-2008, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Exactly!!!

X3
Old 05-20-2008, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I couldn't have said it any better.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

During the middle of the summer an late summer you will find me standing in Walmart or going through the pics sitting at the computer. Ilook at the pics an think this might just happen an soon. Well, then I stop an think those cameras arethere from daylightto dark seven days a week, just for3 or 4 pics of that buck a week. Then, you add in the extra people at the camp an the atvs moving around an guess what. He is off course for the rest of the year. But looking at the pics sure are fun!!

Quick Reply: Trail cameras and success?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.