Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Your favorite trail cam..and why >

Your favorite trail cam..and why

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Your favorite trail cam..and why

Old 04-17-2008, 06:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default Your favorite trail cam..and why

Whats your favorite trail cam make and model. And why- what are the pro's for your favortie brand camera?? compared to others?
I am researching my first purchase and would like something that will last. what can I do to keep theft minimized for how much? Am willing to spend money for the right one.

flash no flash, batery life, quality photos etc...

lets hear it
Old 04-17-2008, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Your favorite trail cam..and why

I have the reconyx camera, .25 trigger speed with wake up,misses nothing. Batteries last about 2 months, picturies are ok. The camera comes with buckview software. The camera can take 5 pics in 4 seconds. The camerahas temp, moon phase, Date, time an you can label each stand site by name on each picture. Security wise do not know of any camera that you can put out in the woods that is theft proof.

www.reconyx.com
Old 04-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

moultrie. model depends on your preference (just don't get the d40). enough has been said about them so i'm not going to repeat it. all i'll say is i've been using trail cameras for a long time and i can say that they are the best cameras out there for the money.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:37 PM

i have done alot of online research and from what i found out the Moultrie M40 is supposed to be the best bang for the buck if you are wanting a camera thats still in the affordable range, i bought one a few days ago and am waiting on my locking device to get here before i attempt to put it out for the first time.

last night i updated the camera through Moultrie's site' and got everything set up so its ready to go when my locking device gets here, i can't wait to get started using it as i am sure it will become a major part of how i do my homework in the areas i hunt
Old 04-18-2008, 02:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have plans of buying a I-40 soon. I like them alot for the price.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:46 AM

I'VE HAD GOOD LUCK WITH MOULTRIE I40'S, I LOVE THE OLD CUDDE'S, NOT THE NEW JUNK, I PLAN ON GETTING A RECONYX NEW 60 SOON
Old 04-18-2008, 09:16 AM
Typical Buck

I've heard lots of good things about the Moultrie I40 also and if I were to buy a commercially built cam, I would definitely consider it along with the ScoutGuard 550.
Heres a link to some reviews on both.http://www.chasingame.com/

Personally,Iam a fan of theDSCP41 Sony homebrew. Faster trigger response,about 8 tenths of a second,camera can be removed from enclosureand used as a standalone camera, great pics, excellent battery life,and very dependable. I did not build mine, I had this gentleman do it for me. Icurrently have two from Bob.Both whiteflash.Heresthe link to him. http://www.gotchatrailcams.com/

As far as security, I use a Master Python cable to securemine to a tree, but if they want em bad enough there's unfortunately no theftproof system for anytrailcam.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

My 2006 no flash cudde has been fairly good to me. I love the video's on it and the picture quality is excellent. The problems I've had with mine are when it swtiches from color picture to black and white. A few times the pics never turned out when it was in the time when it couldn't decide which to use, 45 minutes before dark or so is when It happened a few times. The other problem I had was it got wet one time. Other then that its been excellent. There prices have came down some this year on the 2008 models, I'll be buying another no flash cudde this summer.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RackLuster

moultrie. model depends on your preference (just don't get the d40). enough has been said about them so i'm not going to repeat it. all i'll say is i've been using trail cameras for a long time and i can say that they are the best cameras out there for the money.
x2
Old 04-19-2008, 07:02 AM

i would have to say the moultrie i40. it takes excellent pictures, and really good videos. battery life is 3 months maybe more, not like the wildview which only lasts a week unless you get the 12 volt battery which i did. the bushnell is junk picture quality is no good total blackness with just the eyeballs showing.

Quick Reply: Your favorite trail cam..and why

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.