Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Your favorite trail cam..and why >

Your favorite trail cam..and why

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Your favorite trail cam..and why

Old 04-20-2008, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Your favorite trail cam..and why

I love my 05 Cuddeback. Takes crisp pics and has excellent battery life.

Right now I'm in the middle of building 2 homebrew cameras. I might end up liking them better.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:06 AM
Spike

Homebrew P41s and P32sperform better than my Cuddebacks. Very fast trigger. You can view pics on the LCD. Trail modes are available. Excellent battery life as well.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: janesburg

I love my 05 Cuddeback. Takes crisp pics and has excellent battery life.

Right now I'm in the middle of building 2 homebrew cameras. I might end up liking them better.
I might do that some day as well.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:38 AM

Another vote for Moultrie I40
Old 04-21-2008, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: OKbowhunter20

Another vote for Moultrie I40
Glad you like it.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:20 AM

I'll be up front and tell you all that I'm a minority owner of the company that manufacturs the SmartScouter cellular surveillance system http://www.smartscouter.com/ssDefault.aspx I've personally used several of the top manufacturers' trail cams and the SmartScouter beats them all in total cost and performance. It is the next logical evolution in trail cams. It is available directly from the website and also will also be in the Cabelas Archery issue due out at the end of this month.

[ol][*]SmartScouter sends you photos anywhere in the world! All you need is an internet connection or cell phone.

Benefits:
[ul][*]Scent Free Scounting: No disruption to your hunting area.[*]Saves you time and money: No travel expense of going to cameras for picture retrieval.[*]Real Time picture retrieval. More accurate scouting information. Great for security applications. [/ul][*]SmartScouter works as a non-wireless device as well.

[ul][*]On-board CF (compact flash) card allows you to use your device in areas with no cell coverage.[*]Allows you to retrieve images while in the field. [/ul][*]SmartScouter is SIMPLE to use and setup.[*]SmartScouter allows you to be more successful with 24/7 scent free scouting, thus no disruption to your hunting area. Hunting experts agree that a big buck will not tolerate human intrusion more than a few times.[*]SmartScouter saves you time and money by not having to travel every time just to check your trail cameras. Click here to see real examples of cost savings[*]SmartScouter can be shared with your friends, and thus is a perfect scouting device for hunting groups and clubs. Each unit has up to 6 different guest accounts, which enables friends to share a smart scouter unit[*]SmartScouter give you easy photo viewing and management at www.smartscouter.com[*]SmartScouter supplies you real time monitoring and information, which is entertaining and informative. Know where to hunt tomorrow based on today's game movement[*]SmartScouter uses an Infrared Monitoring flash system, which allow you to set your camera next to your stand location for precise game monitoring without the fear of spooking them with a white flash[*]SmartScouter has a variety of uses from scouting to remote security. [/ol]

Old 04-22-2008, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a good idea. I will wait until they advance a little more. Do not want to pay $50 a month for a wireless plan just to get pics that I can get when I go down to change batteries. Would be neat to have instant access!
Old 04-23-2008, 06:02 AM

Hey bow huntert! The monthly wireless plan does not have to be that expensive.On average, the cost would be about $20.00 per month but with the cost of travelling to and from your camera (gas...ughh!) and the possible contanimation of your hot-spot with human scent when checking your camera, you could actually save money (and time!). Theinternal battery lasts 4-6 weeks but you can also buy an extended use battery which will last 2-4 months depending the climate (very cold weather will put you closer to the low end.

There is a monthly fee plus a per picture charge. This allows you to minimize and control your monthly charge.
Monthly wireless fee:
· Months in use - $14.99 per monthbase charge.[/align]· Months not in use (off-season) - $7.99 per month (Hibernate account up to 6 months per year.)[/align]Per picture charge, which varies based on the number and type (size) of images you capture and upload.

First 500 pictures each month: $0.04 for each LOW resolution image and $0.10 for each HIGH resolution image
Pictures 501 and beyond: $0.02 for LOW resolution and $0.05 for HIGH resolution [/ul]

Below is a chart estimating what your total MONTHLY bill would be based on various picture levels and image sizes. (Keep in mind, the average user captures between 125 and 160 pictures a month).

RESOLUTION

Low (320 x 240)
High (640 x 480)

50 Pictures
$16.99
$19.99

100 Pictures
$18.99
$24.99

200 Pictures
$22.99
$34.99

300 Pictures
$26.99
$44.99

500 Pictures
$34.99
$64.99

1,000 Pictures
$44.99
$89.99
(1) On low resolution setting and taking between 125 and 175 pictures a month (which is average based on usage studies)
Old 04-23-2008, 09:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Mid-Vermont

I'll be up front and tell you all that I'm a minority owner of the company that manufacturs the SmartScouter cellular surveillance system http://www.smartscouter.com/ssDefault.aspx I've personally used several of the top manufacturers' trail cams and the SmartScouter beats them all in total cost and performance. It is the next logical evolution in trail cams. It is available directly from the website and also will also be in the Cabelas Archery issue due out at the end of this month. [ol][*]SmartScouter sends you photos anywhere in the world! All you need is an internet connection or cell phone.

Benefits: [ul][*]Scent Free Scounting: No disruption to your hunting area.[*]Saves you time and money: No travel expense of going to cameras for picture retrieval.[*]Real Time picture retrieval. More accurate scouting information. Great for security applications. [/ul][*]SmartScouter works as a non-wireless device as well. [ul][*]On-board CF (compact flash) card allows you to use your device in areas with no cell coverage.[*]Allows you to retrieve images while in the field. [/ul][*]SmartScouter is SIMPLE to use and setup.[*]SmartScouter allows you to be more successful with 24/7 scent free scouting, thus no disruption to your hunting area. Hunting experts agree that a big buck will not tolerate human intrusion more than a few times.[*]SmartScouter saves you time and money by not having to travel every time just to check your trail cameras. Click here to see real examples of cost savings[*]SmartScouter can be shared with your friends, and thus is a perfect scouting device for hunting groups and clubs. Each unit has up to 6 different guest accounts, which enables friends to share a smart scouter unit[*]SmartScouter give you easy photo viewing and management at www.smartscouter.com[*]SmartScouter supplies you real time monitoring and information, which is entertaining and informative. Know where to hunt tomorrow based on today's game movement[*]SmartScouter uses an Infrared Monitoring flash system, which allow you to set your camera next to your stand location for precise game monitoring without the fear of spooking them with a white flash[*]SmartScouter has a variety of uses from scouting to remote security. [/ol]
Pope And Young will not consider this fair chase! That would be a downfall in my book. Its a neat idea but not for me.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:54 AM

I DON'T GET SERVICE AT MY STANDS, SO WHY WOULD I INVEST IN A $650 UNIT? THAT IS ALOT OF MONEY FOR A CAMERA. I CHECK MINE EVERY 2 1/2 MONTHS...$200 MOULTRIE I40. I THINK YOU HAVE A GREAT IDEA, BUT HUNTERS I KNOW STILL HAVE TO VISIT THERE LOCATIONS, SO IT WON'T SAVE ANY MONEY BY GETTING THIS CAM AND A CONTRACT. WAY.....WAY CHEAPER TO BUY SOMETHING DIFFERENT....WHAT IS THE TRIGGER SPEED ON THE CAM...FOR THAT MONEY IT SHOULD BE FASTER THAN RECONYX. ANYTHING OVER 1/2 SECOND WOULD NOT BE ACCEPTABLE IN BY BOOK FOR THAT KINDA MONEY.

Quick Reply: Your favorite trail cam..and why

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.