Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Moultrie I40

Old 03-15-2008, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Moultrie I40

has anyone had any "issues" with the Moultrie I40? i just bought one yesterday at Bass Pro and am anxious to set it out and see how it does. how is the pic quality? post some I40 pic's so i can see what to expect.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Moultrie I40

The attachments on the side of the camera case for strapping it to the tree are not very dependable. I have no pics but understand that they have good pics.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

i'm going to try to build a metal security housing for it prior to using it this summer. this way it will help prevent theft and bear damage.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:40 AM
Typical Buck

night pic

Old 03-15-2008, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

what pic quality setting were you using on that pic? i'm debating on using the enhanced or not. on my other Moultrie 3.0, i always used the "enhanced" feature to give me better quality images however it had a standard flash not an IR flash. my other Moultrie also got about 3-4 months of use on one 6 volt battery. is the I40 as good on batteries as they say?
Old 03-15-2008, 11:24 AM
Fork Horn

The Moultrie I-40 is the probably the best camera for the money on the market in my opinion. My friend and I are running 7 of them on our leases, and they have worked great.
They have incredible battery life, and take very clear pictures. We did have to upgrade them all for the whiteout issue last season, but that is the only issue we have had with them.
I also have several Cuddebacks, and they are simply not worth the money they want for them.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:05 PM
Fork Horn

these are from my I40 and I bought a lock box for it as well

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2700987
Old 03-15-2008, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: archer125

The Moultrie I-40 is the probably the best camera for the money on the market in my opinion. My friend and I are running 7 of them on our leases, and they have worked great.
They have incredible battery life, and take very clear pictures. We did have to upgrade them all for the whiteout issue last season, but that is the only issue we have had with them.
I also have several Cuddebacks, and they are simply not worth the money they want for them.
like i said, i just bought mine yesterday. should i have to worry about upgrading their software prior to setting it up? is there anyway to tell when the unit was actually made (i dunno if it was made after the initial "bugs" were worked out).
Old 03-16-2008, 11:02 AM
Typical Buck

i would just update it it wont hurt anything u can set it up first if u want shouldent bother it i did mine like that
Old 03-16-2008, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NE OWL

these are from my I40 and I bought a lock box for it as well

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2700987
which lock box did you buy? does it interfere with any (day or night) pictures (like glare reflections)? how does the box secure to the tree (lag bolt or cable)? and one last question, if it secures with a lag bolt, how hard is it to get the bolt started into the tree?

Quick Reply: Moultrie I40

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.