HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Trail Cameras (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras-84/)
-   -   Need Some help not related to hunting but1 (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras/237163-need-some-help-not-related-hunting-but1.html)

20 slugs 03-12-2008 10:22 PM

Need Some help not related to hunting but1

I,ve had this problom with young punks ringing or bootin on my front door late at night you know so I put my wildview out 1 night but the little beggers run up the lane to the door to fast for the cam to catch em.To stay within the law I would need to put up a security cam,s on a recording system big $$.The police told me if I catch em to flash a pic with a plain camera for proof or video .So how do you find a game camera that will snap em on the run with out a flash and the video camera will noy work through the double pane on the side of the door.I,ve thought about boobie trapping but don,t want to get in **** for that any one have a idea that is legal or all most lol.

Snook384 03-13-2008 06:58 AM

RE: Need Some help not related to hunting but1

cuddieback nf. nf = no flash. It seems to be a real fast camera because I even get hogs at full run and the little dudes are pretty damn quick.

habitat 03-13-2008 07:19 AM

Mount your camera so that it gets them coming towards the door

recurver167 03-13-2008 08:15 AM

ORIGINAL: habitat

Mount your camera so that it gets them coming towards the door
Angling it at the door,to keep it pointed at them longer.Or build a homebrew.

kharrison 03-13-2008 09:47 AM

If you have a computer get a web camera to take the pictures for you

AR Bowhunter 03-13-2008 04:49 PM

Reconyx RC 60, no glow, just a pic never know it was there,.25 second reaction time.

www.trailcampro.com

BamaHuntin 03-13-2008 05:22 PM

A guy I know ownes a krane service and on one particular site he had punks coming in at night vandalizing and breaking windows and such(expensive krane windows).He made a big wooden sign and framed it out so his camera would fit in between it.He had a very small opening for the cameras lens that he disguised somehow(cant remeber how exactly).On the board he wrote a long warningin smaller text that if they continued they would eventuallybe caught and prosecuted.When the kids came to the sign they took the time to stop and read the sign before they vandalized again.He got pictures of the punks laughing as they were reading it.Got some pictures so close it cut their heads off.He took it to the local school and asked the principal if he reconized the kids.He did and the kids got in big trouble by the law and all the kids parents had to chip in on the thousands of dollars they had cost him.
He told me that story and I thought "thats a pretty good idea." Just thought i'd throw it out there to ya.Hope you catch'em somehow.
James

20 slugs 03-14-2008 08:24 PM

Thanks for the info guys my bud is lending me a couple of cam,s so I,ll wait till the fall when I go back to florida for holidays to buy a couple of good cam,s much cheaper to buy in the US rather then here in Canada but if I see any on sale I,ll grab em.