Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 What batterys are you using in the Cuddy & Moultrie >

What batterys are you using in the Cuddy & Moultrie

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

What batterys are you using in the Cuddy & Moultrie

Old 02-10-2008, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What batterys are you using in the Cuddy & Moultrie

Hey...I use the stealth with the big 6V battery ....works great...

I want to buy a Moultrie or Cuddy.....do they have an external battery that will last in cold weather.?..

What should I do?...will the battery that comes with these handle 3 weeks in warm weather with lots of pics and 1 + week in severe cold??
Old 02-10-2008, 10:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What batterys are you using in the Cuddy & Moultrie

I've had both my moultrie I40 out in South AL since early December. Both have taken over 1000 pics and still have around 65-70% battery life according to the screen. Temps have ranged form 85 down to the teens during this 2+ months. I have 6D Duracell batts.

Just to help you...coming from a former cudde owner, save your money and get the moultrie I40. You will be very happy with your decision. I had an cudde expert and IR. Both leaked water, went through batteries like crazy, and their customer service was horrible. My I40 has a faster trigger than the cudde IR, has a multi shot mode, and has so far provedto get way way way better battery life than my cuddes even thought about.

Good luck
Old 02-11-2008, 05:14 AM

that's strange, my cudde has been on the same set of batteries for over a month in northern illinios where yesterday morning it was -6 and today it's -3. well over a thousand pics in that time and mine has never leaked in it's three plus years of service. the picture quality of the cudde is so much better than these other cameras i'd never switch. it doesn't have "burst mode" but that's probably cause you'll get the picture the first time.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:57 AM

Update:

I just checked my feeders this weekend and had some impressive results. The feeders were filled and new duracells were put in the I40's on December 29th. In 44 days I had a 3300 pictures on my one feeder and 1200 on the other feeder. I have had the best luck with Duracells. On the two feeders I have a rechargable 6 volt, and a solar pannel. So far I have had these feeders out for three months and my battery indicator still shows 100% on the feeders.

Old 02-11-2008, 09:22 AM

i have two i40's, really good battery life with duracell. around 3 months depending on how many photo's taken
Old 02-11-2008, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Moultries have an external 12v battery and solar pack available now. It is somewhat expensive though (I think around $60). I'm trying to decide since the D cells last so long if I'm going to upgrade or not.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:41 PM

i guess it depends on how long you will have to leave it out before checking it. sounds like you only need one set of batteries for the life of a moultrie the way these guys pump them up. heck, i'd probably go buy one if the picture quality was a little better.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

my cudde still on full power after 3 weeks with alot of days with negative temps
Old 02-11-2008, 01:40 PM

ORIGINAL: heavy hitter

i guess it depends on how long you will have to leave it out before checking it. sounds like you only need one set of batteries for the life of a moultrie the way these guys pump them up. heck, i'd probably go buy one if the picture quality was a little better.
I get very good photo's. heck i thinkmoultrie has more mega pixel than the cudde at least on the i40 and i60.my hunting buddies have cudde cam's. I'm not against them, just there price. the cudde does have faster tigger 3/4 sec compared to 1.5 second. not enough to justify all the extra expense. one of my friends has the no flashmodel, it seems to have 3 sec tigger.I've noticed that you seem to have a negative view of every other brand out there other than cudde. have you owned any brands other than cudde. the new models from alot of the big companys seem to be producing quality stuff. as for quality, cudde has had nothing but negative things said about them on internet review sites, at least the 06/07 models. I haven't had any problems with mine. not trying to anger you, butgive others a chance. I think other members of this site have posted quality things and no one is pumping anything up. i value thier information they may have a certian products.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:27 AM

ORIGINAL: WVSPORTSMAN

ORIGINAL: heavy hitter

I get very good photo's. heck i thinkmoultrie has more mega pixel than the cudde at least on the i40 and i60.my hunting buddies have cudde cam's. I'm not against them, just there price. the cudde does have faster tigger 3/4 sec compared to 1.5 second. not enough to justify all the extra expense. one of my friends has the no flashmodel, it seems to have 3 sec tigger.I've noticed that you seem to have a negative view of every other brand out there other than cudde. have you owned any brands other than cudde. the new models from alot of the big companys seem to be producing quality stuff. as for quality, cudde has had nothing but negative things said about them on internet review sites, at least the 06/07 models. I haven't had any problems with mine. not trying to anger you, butgive others a chance. I think other members of this site have posted quality things and no one is pumping anything up. i value thier information they may have a certian products.
I agree. I love my I40's I have 6 of them and they have been great so far. I have taken over 12000 pictures from August 07 till now. My I40's take great pictures...especially when you can buy one for $195 shipped to my house with a 4GB mem card. The cudde has a big image in the hunting industry...but like all enthusiasts there are as good if not better trail cams for less money. Most of the people that are big cudde fans that I can tell have never owned another camera, and if they did it was some $49 walmart job. Check out chasingame.comif you want to see what real trail cam enthusiasts use.

Quick Reply: What batterys are you using in the Cuddy & Moultrie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.