Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Trail Cam ?

Old 02-12-2008, 06:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Trail Cam ?

Thank you everyone for the replies as I am currently looking into getting one.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

If i were you i would buy the Stealth I450 and the external battery pack. it takes way better pictures than the moultrie, and cost 1/2 as much as the cudde.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:24 PM

the picture you posted in the contest did look really nice. how much is that stealth?
Old 02-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I got it at bass pro for $170 with batteries and a card. You can find them cheaper when you get just the camera though. You pretty much have to buy the 12v battery pack though because it will eat batteries.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:22 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: heavy hitter

how do you know about moultries service? i own a cudde and have no idea how good thier service is cause i've never had a problem with it, it's been attached to a tree since i got it. do you guys have to get the moultries fixed a lot or what?
I've personally had to deal with Cudde, which I hope you never have to do. After 10 calls I gave up. Can't say I've had to deal with Moultrie personally but I have not read a bad comment on them yet for those who have...there was an whiteout issue with the 1st I40's that came out and they since have put a update on the moultrie site to fix it. That is the only issue I have seen and everyone has said they were jonny on the spot helping them remedying the problem. Read around on them.

I'm not knocking cudde's picture taking ability. They are fast and take great pics. Just had issues with both of mine after we had a rain storm come through and then felt like I got the shaft from them when I needed them the most. I've got $800 in my cudde's and neither one of them work now. 1 year old. that's crap! Got turned on to these moultries and they are awesome for the price. Just my own 2 cents. Good luck with your cudde. Maybe you will have mroe luck with yours than I did.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:43 AM

good luck with my cudde? i didn't buy the thing yesterday. i've had it for more than four years and have had nothing but "good luck" with it. feel free to use whatever camera you want, but i prefer to look at a high quality picture when i check my card, not something i have to ask "what do you think this is". to me, pics off of moultries don't even look like they were taken with a camera, they look like they were done in watercolor or something.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:21 AM
Fork Horn

Heavy hitter,

You must have the 2005 cudde, those were excellent cams with excellent dependability.
But, the 06-07 cuddes, have had more than their share of problems.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bbahunter

Heavy hitter,

You must have the 2005 cudde, those were excellent cams with excellent dependability.
Yea ive noticed a trend. I bought the best film deer camera ever made (Non-Typical DC-100 Deer Cam) in 2003 and it was amazing. Then Deer Cam came out with the DC-200 and the DC-300 and they both sucked. Everytime me and my buddy called into customer service they would tell us to try something different with the cameras to make them work. Now if im not mistaken, Non-Typical makes the Cudde, and the 1st ones were amazing cameras, then they came out with upgraded models and they sucked.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:17 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Cay4redneck

ORIGINAL: bbahunter

Heavy hitter,

Yea ive noticed a trend. I bought the best film deer camera ever made (Non-Typical DC-100 Deer Cam) in 2003 and it was amazing. Then Deer Cam came out with the DC-200 and the DC-300 and they both sucked. Everytime me and my buddy called into customer service they would tell us to try something different with the cameras to make them work. Now if im not mistaken, Non-Typical makes the Cudde, and the 1st ones were amazing cameras, then they came out with upgraded models and they sucked.

Cay4,

You are correct, that seems to be the trend.
Instead of getting better they are having more issues.
Any trailcam forum you log into, people are complaining.
No doubt most manufactures have their issues though.
You are right cudde, does own nontypical.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:49 PM
Fork Horn

Over the last four years I've used the 26 digital trail cameras and right now my favorite is the Trail Watcher 2035. You can find them at trailwatcher.net.

You can read about my trail cam experiences at the website listed below.

Quick Reply: Trail Cam ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.