Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Moultree Cameras

Old 01-10-2008, 05:33 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Moultree Cameras

I hate to admit it but that is what I did. Went to Wal-Mart bought another and then took the non-working one back to another Wal-Mart.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:45 PM

I had the same problem with a D40.I bought it in July andthe flash died in less than 3 months. I called Moultrie and they told me to make sure it had brand new name brand batteries. I put new Duracells in it and it still would not flash. They told me to send it back and they ended up sending me a new one. I haven't used it much since the season opened, but it worked when I tested it.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:24 AM
Typical Buck

A guy that works at CVS told me the Duracell makes the CVS batteries. CVS is cheaper of course.

Oh I love Lost.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:37 PM
Fork Horn

I gave up waiting for an e-mail reply and called them(I got an email reply the next day)The guy I talked to said he had never heard of that problem with an I 40 and send it back and they would check it.I brought it in the house and set it up and it began working properly,so I put it back out and it is working again.We had an Ice storm when it began malfunctioning and it was covered in Ice.That shoulden't cause a problem.While checking it out in the house I had it set to take 3 pictures each time it triggers,I noticed that pics 2 & 3 were dimmer than the first.I recontacted them and was told that was normal.Even though Moultrie has gotten many good reviews,I am still in doubt about the quality and durability of this cam.

Bill
Old 01-15-2008, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know that with an IR camera that if you have batteriesout an extendedlength of time in cold weather. They have a hard time getting the IR to functioning because the batteries are cold. The evidence should benoticeable when you look at the battery charge power left it may show 70%an when the IR fires it drains them that much more because the batteries are below their idea function temps. The afternoon after it warms up the same batteries will show 85% or better an theIR will work fine. Just my thoughts with the camera that I have now.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:01 AM

We have 8 I40's and love them. Battery life is exceptional. One camera was out from August to December, took over 2500 pics with it, and the battery was still at 40% when I replaced them. Moultrie products are great.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:40 AM
Fork Horn

barry:
Thanks for your input.I'm still waiting to see if this malfunction repeats.What brand of SD cards do you use?Do you swap them when you check the cams?How many pictures do you have your cams set to take each time it is triggered?

Bill
Old 01-16-2008, 02:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Redneck Bill

barry:
Thanks for your input.I'm still waiting to see if this malfunction repeats.What brand of SD cards do you use?Do you swap them when you check the cams?How many pictures do you have your cams set to take each time it is triggered?

Bill
Bill

I use whatever SD card I can get the cheapest. Sometimes I will take the laptop out in the woods with me with the usb cable, other times I will take them to the house and download the pics. Depending on what type of trail I will set my camera accordingly. Right now I have two cameras set up on feeders, for those I set them up to one picture each time its triggered. I do this because if I didnt I would use about 2000 pics a week. For trails or not as frequently checked areas I will put them on 3 shot mode so I can get as many pics as I can. Perfect example is of the picture I posted. The first time the camera took a pic, the buck was broadside, and looked like a nice buck, the next pic he was lookin in the cameras direction, and could tell that he had two bent brow tines.