Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 cuddeback cam error message?? >

cuddeback cam error message??

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

cuddeback cam error message??

Old 12-19-2007, 10:18 PM

Default cuddeback cam error message??

Sure enough, I mention how good my older 3mp cuddeback has been to me then I get this problem. I put it out last week with new batteries, I go to check it today and it says "cam error" when I walk up on it. Turns out it took around 30 pictures the first night then the cam error must have hit. I took the card out and put a new one in, took the batteries out and put them back in, level is still at 4. I put it back on live mode for a couple minutes and walk infront of it to see if it is working and it worked fine, at least right then. What would have caused a cam error, any ideas? This bugs the crap out of me because the camera basically sat there for 4 or 5 days doing nothing.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: cuddeback cam error message??

If that wouldn't piss the pope off! Man that sucks! I've never had that happen to mine. Is your warranty up yet?
Old 12-20-2007, 08:19 AM

This is nothing compared to what I dealt with before with my experts I had, I would put them out with new batteries and go check them 3 or 4 weeks later and find out they went dead or broke within a couple days, talk about wasted time....

Yes the warranty is up on this one.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Between 5 of us we have 5 no-flash cudde's and we've had minor trouble's so far. They've been great for the most part. I know there's some people out there including my brother who can't figure out how to set them up, he hated it until i set it up for him. I'm not saying your that way just alot of people are.

Old 12-20-2007, 12:14 PM

I am pretty sure the troubles that I have had with the cameras wasnt due to camera setup. If you want to tell me your routine that you go through when you put yours out then I'm all ears, but I'm sure it wont differ much from mine.
Old 12-22-2007, 08:20 AM
Typical Buck

Could the card be bad?
We use a lot of SD cards in cameras at work and come acoross this problem with the cheaper cards.
Old 12-22-2007, 10:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've had it before too - with the older 1.3 megapixel camera.

Seems like not getting the "live video" setting right will sometimes trigger "cam error". Also messing with the 1st blue button to many times when you a supposed to "wait".

I've never pinpointed an exact reason either - but if you see it when you are setting the camera up -START OVER.

FH