Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Wanting to buy a new camera >

Wanting to buy a new camera

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Wanting to buy a new camera

Old 12-11-2007, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Wanting to buy a new camera

I would like to buy one that shows time and date the photo was taken. What would you guys recommend? Thanks for any info.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:19 PM
Spike

Default RE: Wanting to buy a new camera

depends on your budget, but I would go with the cuddeback
Old 12-12-2007, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I really like my cudde, but hate that it will only take a pic every minutes. I like being able to pop 2 or 3 off ASAP. That way if a buck is trailing a doe you have the chance at getting a pic of both. The cudde takes great pics, but it hard on batteries and the pocket book. I'm currently thinking about getting a Moultrie I40. Great battery life. IR pic at night and color during the day. The only issues that they have is white out pics and IR pics taken during the day. The firmware update is supposed to fix it though.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've got a Moultrie I40 coming in today that cost me $205 including shipping. Based on the reviews across the web it seems like it is the best bang for the buck for a mid range camera.

If money is tight and you want to invest in some rechargable batteries, I've seen some bushnell cameras on sale as cheap as $35 this holiday season. They eat batteries and their picture isn't great, but you can see what is in the picture and it shows a time and date stamp on the picture. My bushnell has a great trigger but it only lasts 4 or 5 days on a set of batteries though.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: titleist_03

I really like my cudde, but hate that it will only take a pic every minutes. I like being able to pop 2 or 3 off ASAP. That way if a buck is trailing a doe you have the chance at getting a pic of both. The cudde takes great pics, but it hard on batteries and the pocket book. I'm currently thinking about getting a Moultrie I40. Great battery life. IR pic at night and color during the day. The only issues that they have is white out pics and IR pics taken during the day. The firmware update is supposed to fix it though.
If I was you I would go with the Cuddeback No-Flash. It only takes one picture every minute but it also takes a video from 10to 60 seconds in length! You wil not miss a thing if you set your camera up for this. I have this camera and i see a ton more stuff on the video then i see on the picture when there's more then one deer following another. It does eat batteries toa degree, look at the pic's though! There of better quality then them moultries by far!Replacing batteriesevery month and a half to 2 months shouldn't be a big deal, its pretty simple changing batteries!
Old 12-12-2007, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys, i'm probably going to get a cuddeback.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:20 PM

I would go with the spypoint. I bought one since 3 days. Very nice and very good pictures. You can order online at www.spy-point.com

EASY TO USE. A lot better than my moultrie I40.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:04 PM
Fork Horn

Save your money and get the moultrie I40. I had a Cudde Expert. Took close to 1500 pics with last year and 1st part of this season. During one of the rain storms we had a few months ago it got some moisture in it and burned it up. Took it back to the shop I bought it from and they sent it off. Over a month later they finally get back with the shop and tell them they can't replace it and they are sending me a $260 credit. Needless to say I'm kind of t'Oed. A $400 cam that didn't last a 10 months and they barely give me more than half of what I paideven though it wasstill under it's full warranty...heck the shops cost was more than the $260 creditthey sent. After a few fruitless callsI could tell I was getting no where with them. I liked how my cudde performed but hated the fact it was weak in the water shedding dept, battery life was about 150-175pics,and noburst pic mode.The customer service put me over the edge soI went with a different cam.Readreviews until my eyes were crossed.Just couldn't make myself spend the $ on a reconx or silent image...after reading all the great reviewsIended up getting 2 moultrie I40's with my credit and I have been more than impressed with them. Battery life is ridiculous, trigger speed is near if not equal tomy cudde without the flash and may be 1 sec with the flash at night. Still very fast. Way faster than my Leaf River IR's. I've taken around 400 pics with both of them and they are both performing great and my batts are still in the 85% range. The only thing I don't like...but is still better than the cudde...is the burst mode. In the burst mode it takes the 1st pic on trigger then the 2nd pic is taken 10 secs later and the 3rd pic is 10 secs later. I wish they were all done on trigger but oh well.Other thanthat the cams are built pretty good and take about 1/3 the brain power to work comparedto a cudde. Not that the cudde was hard butthe Moultries are just way easier. Good luck with what ever you get.

PS. I've looked at a spy point. It's nothing more than a cheaper leaf river. The trigger is slower than the moultrie when we set them up....
I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if you like them. I just thought the moultrie was a little better buy for the $$$
Old 12-13-2007, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thank you onebad. I just looked at the Moultrie I40 and it looks better than the cuddeback for less money. I think i just changed my mind, gonna get the Moultrie.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:59 PM
Fork Horn

Another thing you will like is the moultrie is way easier to set up and move. I don't have to carry a screw driver to the woods with me everytime I want to move it.

Quick Reply: Wanting to buy a new camera

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.