Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 deer with arrow in it? >

deer with arrow in it?

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

deer with arrow in it?

Old 12-20-2007, 01:57 PM

Default RE: deer with arrow in it?

already looks like he's starting to blowt infection will take over depending on the food the weather and alot of diffrent facters. Two years ago a shoot a pretty nice eight took it to the butcher had it in my freezeer for about a month the misses took a roast out she cooked it when i started to cut it i hit something it was a broadhead took to my local archery dealer he told me that broadhead was about 5 to 7 years old. (single blade with a middle blade in it)
Old 12-20-2007, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I doubt he will live long...
Old 12-20-2007, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

thats ashame. Nice buck. Looks to be a gut shot.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bet he will make it. I have seen 2 deer in the area I hunt with arrows early in the season. I have trail cam pictures showing wounds that healed up pretty good and I have seen the deer while on stand. They are still going 4 months later. They are tough and can survive if it doesn't get infected too bad.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: russ4411

Not sure he will survive, but take a look on the Cuddeback website in the photo gallery. There is a buck with an arrow through his snout.
russ4411, Do you know where that pic is on the site? I can't find it. Could you just post it in this post if you have it?

THANKS
Old 12-21-2007, 01:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

From that angle, it's hard to tell where the actual entry point is. My best estimate is that it's in the shoulder and has either been bent back along the body or it was shot into the shoulde on a hard quartering away angle. Based on what you said, I would say that the deer will likely live. If infection were going to kill it, it would likely be dead bynow. deer are very resilient when it comes to fighting infection and since it's been two weeks, it's obvious that any vital organs have been spared.

Arrow wounds tend to bleed profusely at first due to the sharpness of the broadheadand that tends to flush out the wound.More often than not, deer recover from arrow wounds that dont enter the vitals unless the digestive tract is involved. Any wound in the stomach or intestines is very likely to result in death eventually.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

From that angle, it's hard to tell where the actual entry point is. My best estimate is that it's in the shoulder and has either been bent back along the body or it was shot into the shoulde on a hard quartering away angle. Based on what you said, I would say that the deer will likely live. If infection were going to kill it, it would likely be dead bynow. deer are very resilient when it comes to fighting infection and since it's been two weeks, it's obvious that any vital organs have been spared.

Arrow wounds tend to bleed profusely at first due to the sharpness of the broadheadand that tends to flush out the wound.More often than not, deer recover from arrow wounds that dont enter the vitals unless the digestive tract is involved. Any wound in the stomach or intestines is very likely to result in death eventually.
Well put.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would mtend to agree, however, with that much of the arrow still protruding and whacking every obstacle it comes in contact, I'm afraid the broadhead will continue to do fatal damage, eventually
Old 12-27-2007, 10:00 AM
Fork Horn

He may make it,I shot a buck a few years ago that had a broadhead and part of an arrow stuck in the backstrap just above the lungs and it was healed over.It must have happened the previous year.

Bill
Old 12-27-2007, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

That just isnt right....I would be banned if I put my thought on this.....

Quick Reply: deer with arrow in it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.