Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 what is the best trail cam??? >

what is the best trail cam???

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.
View Poll Results: A poll
moultrie
47.92%
wildview
4.17%
bushnell
4.17%
cuddeback
43.75%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

what is the best trail cam???

Old 10-18-2007, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what is the best trail cam???

cool so D batteries last a while on cuddebacks
Old 10-24-2007, 10:31 AM
Spike

Out of the options my favorite is the moultrie, the cuddeback is no worth the money. If i was to buy any camera it would have to be a predator evolution.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:21 AM
Fork Horn

I have experience with 3 of the 4 cameras listed above. I have never used Stealth or Wildview before. I have 9 Moutrie Cameras (5 of the new ones - Gamespy 4.0mp; 2 of last year's model - Gamespy 3.1 mp w/ camo finish, and 2 older models - Gamespy 2.1mp). I also have 2 of the Bushnell Trail Sentry 3.2. My buddy also has a couple of the Cuddebacks (I'm not sure which brand).

The Moutrie Cameras are cheap and the picture quality good. Of the 3 camera brands, they are by far the easiest to use. Battery life in the older models (uses a 6 volt battery) sucks, usually only lasting around 10-14 days, although you can extend the battery life a week or so with a solar panel on the Gamespy 3.1. The newer cameras (Gamespy 4.0) switches to 6 DD batteries. Lasts much longer, usually 3-4 weeks. There is not alot to dislike about the new Gamespy 4.0. At around $89 at Walmart, you can buy 3-4 of them for what you would pay for 1 of the others. If you are using the cameras just to see what is out there, there is NOTHING that is better. If you want professional quality pictures, go elsewhere.

The Bushnell Cameras are ok, but I have had some problems with them. They are difficult to set up. There is no laser aiming and the quality of pictures is even worse than the Moutrie. In one of the two cameras I have, moisture and mold somehow got into the interior of the camera - dont know how - it was properly sealed. They take 4 DD batteries that lasted me only about 12-14 days. I would not recommend this camera.

I don't have as much experience with the Cuddebacks, but I have been with my friend when he sets it up, changes batteries, etc. It takes 4 DD batteries. They claim battery life is up to 6 months, but I have never seen it last more than 3-4 weeks, similar to the moutrie above. As a plus, however, the picture quality is pretty good. But for all the benefits you get, I don't think it is worth the extra price. In other words, the benefits dont outweigh the costs.

My opinion.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

moultrie. my moultrie 3.1 uses 6 volt batteries and i have been using the same battery for 3 months now. before ya'll attempt to flame me, hear me out. my cam isn't over bait piles where you get 400 pic's a week. it's over a scrape where i average 25 pic's a week and the average temp. is 90+.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:07 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: buckmaster0094

If i was to buy any camera it would have to be a predator evolution.
Put the Predator on your Christmas list. You'll love it.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

If i had unlimited money i would be running only Camtrackers, but since i dont i use Moultrie and Stealth.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

cool i'm going to a cabelas thanks giving weekend so i'll look a there trail cams