Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Moultrie ?

Old 10-05-2007, 09:01 PM

Default Moultrie ?

I am new to the world of trail cameras and I have a question. I am using a Moultrie Gamespy with a 35mm camera. I checked the camera today and all the pictures were taken. YIPPEEE!!! I hastily took the film to be developed and found three pictures of deer and 21 pictures of nothing but the woods. (Note: Deer were all night shots and the others were day shots) Can anyone tell me what is causing my camera to trigger when nothing is there?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:17 PM

Default RE: Moultrie ?

I had some of the same problems with my old 35 mm cam. I now have a digital game cam. I still have some of those nothing pics. With the digital it can old a 100 pics vs the roll of film in the35 mm cam that when it ran outI was done. Plus the hassle of going to Walmart to get it developed. Inow carry my laptop when I go hunting and simply swap outthe flash card and get to see what in the wood much quicker and without as much frustration when my cam is full of empty pics.

I would guess maybe the wind could be triggering not sure. You know when you get the film developed you dont have to pay for the pics you done want. At least that is Walmart policy.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:21 PM

I kind of figured the common answer here would be "don't be so cheap and get yourself a better camera". I did find a drug store by my house that will develop my negatives for $2 and then I can choose the pictures I want to buy. It only takes them 10 minutes. Maybea digital would be my best move.

Thanks
Old 10-05-2007, 09:42 PM
Fork Horn

my camera does that too, it could be that it didnt trigger fast enough to catch what was there or a limb could have been swingin in front of it
Old 10-06-2007, 12:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

if you put it on too small of a tree, when the wind blows the tree, the camera moves with it and it thinks something moved in front of it. birds that fly in front of it will also set it off.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:26 PM
Spike

I bought Moultrie digital camera from Cabela's and it works great, plus it was only a $100.00. I got some pic's posted if you want to see the quality.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:16 AM
Fork Horn

My camera will not work
Old 10-08-2007, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dont know how you had yours set but I used to get a lotta those type pics to.I started setting mine up just a little higher, 4 to 5 ft up and tipping them down a little bit towards the ground, it seemed to help, a lota times the light itseld will set the darn things off, last week I had mine on a light pole and even tipped down just the shadow from the pole when it moved across in front of the camera seemed to set it off.

Couple days before that I set it in a nice open area where nothing would bother it in a guys yard that feeds the deer year round.I failed to notice they had marked the gas line across the back with those little plastic flags, every time the wind blew I got pics of them

Old 10-09-2007, 12:09 AM
Fork Horn

Plus the digital cameras can take up to and beyond 1000 pictures . So you can set it to take more than 1 at a time .
Charlie
Old 10-10-2007, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

Ill 2nd the moultrie digital cam. Its a good cam for little money. Its definately worth it in the long run. I bought one and like it a lot. Especially if your on a budget.

Quick Reply: Moultrie ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.