Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 wildview trail cam!!!! >

wildview trail cam!!!!

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

wildview trail cam!!!!

Old 10-01-2007, 12:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default wildview trail cam!!!!

i bought one a few weeks ago and put it outfor about a week went to check on it and i had 380 pics on it i thought great went home to see what i had got well i had 125 pics @ night that the flashdidnt go off then i had a bout 70 pics of tails or noses and the rest was just pics ofnothing but thin air needless to say it went back and i will never buy another wild view thats what i get for trying to save a doller
Old 10-01-2007, 12:12 PM

Default RE: wildview trail cam!!!!

saw this on babe winkleman's may want to give it a try. I have never used a trail cam but friends of mine have had the same problem. This one seems like the best one I could find. thinking of picking one up myself. good luck. and good huntin

http://vimeo.com/293384
Old 10-01-2007, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Those cheaper models dont have a good trigger speed so you got to place them on a trail facing the deer so it has plenty of time to take a picture! You get what you pay for thats for sure when your dealing with these cameras I tried cheap now I got 2 Cudde Backs and would not trade them for the world!
Old 10-01-2007, 01:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have one also, its the least favorite of my cams, i have foundit really act's up in extreme hot weather. I had mine out in 100 degree + weather, it took over 400 pics of nothing until the batteries drained. When it does perform in better weather, its very slow triggered. I get alot of half deer pics to even when its aimed at an angle of projected deer path.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

wildviews are made for food plots, mineral/salt licks, or feeders. Not trails! Cuddeback's aren't all they're cracked up to be either.A pretty decent all around digital model in the same general price range as the wildviews is the stealth i450. It's $139, has about 2 second trigger time (compared to 5 for the wildview), takes much nicer pictures, has a stronger flash, and has more bells and whistles then the wildview (wildview are also made by stealth). You'd want to get a 12volt external battery kit though if you plan to use the cam alot. Then you'll get 5-6 weeks out of it. Not perfect, but I've been using trail cams for about 7 years and have owned a multiple cams from every major manufacturer - the i450 is the best for the money.

Everyone will have their own opinions and some will say the moultrie d40 but I'll tell you that thing is junk. flash range is absolutely horrible, motion pictures are always blurry and the pictures are just plain grainy. anyway, I like the wildviews to, I have 2 of them. You just have to be carefull on where you put them.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Buy a moultrie....way better camera
Old 10-01-2007, 03:22 PM
Typical Buck

I have two moultries and they work ok. I am looking about getting a better camera though so if you are nto happy with the one you have and want a really good cam then I would not go with the Moulties.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:24 PM
Fork Horn

I had a Wildview last year and it worked great. Slower trigger than the Cuddy, but still very very good I thought.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

anyone had battery issyes with the wildview 2. I left my batteries in my camera for a week. (Camera off) When I went to hang the camera it didn't work. Changed batteries it works again. I'm probably only going to be able to visit the camera onceevery twoweeks and I'm worried about the battery life.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:04 PM
Fork Horn

I have had battery problems with my wildview as well. I would leave it out and the next time I would try to use it the lights on the camera would blink, but it would not turn on until I put brand new batteries in it. When I went to retrieve the camera the low light battery was not on and it was taking pictures fine.

Wayne

Quick Reply: wildview trail cam!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.