HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Trail Cameras (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras-84/)
-   -   Moultri 3.1 (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras/206330-moultri-3-1-a.html)

JPF 09-10-2007 02:04 PM

Moultri 3.1

Hey guys,
I havea moultrie 3.1, right out of the box it would not take a picture. It doesn't take a picture in manual or auto mode. All diagnostics indicate "OK". The event counter will only go up by one then stop until the unit is powered down then back up again, only then will the event counter go to 2 when the sensor is tripped( then it is stuck again until the unit is powered up again). Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and could help me out. I called there 1 800 #, but it can't be reached in my service area ( i'm from Canada). So I called them in Alabamba directly but have been on hold forever and am not getting through. Thought I would see if anyone on here could help.

Thanks,
JPF

TX_Hoghunter 09-10-2007 02:28 PM

RE: Moultri 3.1

I got one a couple of months ago and it has worked great.

-john

BuckRogers 09-10-2007 02:48 PM

I would check out there website. I think it's www.moultriefeeders.com (i think) You should try that if you cant get somone on the phone.

JPF 09-10-2007 09:33 PM

tried that to, I emailed them and am waiting for a reply

Snoogsdad 09-11-2007 01:33 PM

While you are trying to get in touch with Moultrie, which you should definitely do, I would keep it turned on in the house where there is a lot of activity and see what it continues to do. With our two older Moultries you almost have to coax them to take your picture.

You might also make sure you have a good battery. The older model Moultries we used didn't perform well for long on alkaline batteries even though they said there was still battery life left, but we get good life out of the rechargeable 6 volt batteries.

r33h 09-11-2007 02:46 PM

Thus far, I have had no problems with my moultrie cam. Can you take the cam back to wherever you go it and trade it in for a different one??

Sea Monkey 09-11-2007 07:02 PM

ORIGINAL: JPF

Hey guys,
I havea moultrie 3.1, right out of the box it would not take a picture. It doesn't take a picture in manual or auto mode. All diagnostics indicate "OK". The event counter will only go up by one then stop until the unit is powered down then back up again, only then will the event counter go to 2 when the sensor is tripped( then it is stuck again until the unit is powered up again). Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and could help me out. I called there 1 800 #, but it can't be reached in my service area ( i'm from Canada). So I called them in Alabamba directly but have been on hold forever and am not getting through. Thought I would see if anyone on here could help.

Thanks,
JPF
I have that same camera and it's worked very well for me. It sounds like you've read the book and tried a few things to get it working. I don't want to sound insulting, but while you're waiting to get through to support, start from the beginning of setting it up and make sure you didn't do something silly like leaving it in setup mode. Sorry I don't have a specific remedy for the problem.