Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 whats the best buy camera??? >

whats the best buy camera???

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

whats the best buy camera???

Old 08-22-2007, 06:44 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: whats the best buy camera???

Some things peopleneed to think about when purchasing a camera is battery life, picture quality, speed, and delay settings.

People rave about the Cuddeback back usually fail to mention the shortest delay between pictures is 1 minute. How often is the big buck the first deer? very rarely! The fist deer is usually a doe or a younger buck. With a 1 minute delay, the deer is past and the camera missed the picture.

What people lose with the lower priced units are battery life and speed. Again, do you really save money when you have to change batteries every week? Most of the lower price cameras will also miss deer because of a very slow trigger speed. Sometimes these speeds are 6-10 seconds, which make it hard to capture good photos of deer on trails.

Picture quality also suffers, but that's the least of my worries. I just want to see what is out there, I don't need to frame it.

I also prefer the units where I can remove my camera from the unit during the off season, or after harvesting game to take photos. This also helps when convincing your spouse the unit is a "great deal" because the family need a digital cam anyway.

The picture was reduced to 76k

Cybersniper

Old 08-22-2007, 10:36 AM

WHO CARES what the best buy camera is?

when buying a Trail Camera you must ask yourself how will I be using it?

If you do like me and only set the camera up on a feeder or a pile of corn to get pics of what you are feeding then any Digital Trail camera with atleast 2mp will do.

I would never spend more for a Trail Camera than I did for the Glass on my gun($150) but thats me...I would rather buy a camera for less than $100 and save the extra $300 to put towards another GUN!!!!!

The WildView 2.0 to me is a great buy at about $70.....some pics taken by it

Old 08-22-2007, 11:16 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bigaggie77

WHO CARES what the best buy camera is?

Probably the person who started this thread and was asking the original question. (LOL)

For some, trail cameras are a hobby and they are looking for the best resolution possible, other just to see if there are any deer in the area.It's a personal opinion as to how much each person spends. I have spent more on trail cameras than optics and my optics are mainly Leupold.

I think the intent of the post is to ask which camera is the "bestbang for the buck". (kind of like consumer reports for trail cams)
Old 08-22-2007, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TexasOaks
For me, I would check out the New 07’ Moultrie Line
TexasOaks said alot but I think this sums it up best. I agree with that statement 100%, especially when trying to fit a trailcam into a certain budget.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:47 PM

here is another pic form the moultrie,. walmart where i live was closing out the last year models and they had 5 left for 59.00 bucks ., went home to get the check book and went back and they were gone., darn!!!