Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Some Game Cam Problems >

Some Game Cam Problems

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Some Game Cam Problems

Old 08-09-2007, 06:26 AM

Default Some Game Cam Problems

Alright i've put my camera out sunday evening in a soybean patch. Well i noticed that it wouldn't take a picture of my after i put it up, so i left it out for a few days and went back yesterday to check it. As i figured no pics, well i took it down and went back to the house turned it on and went to working just fine, so i took it back down to the soybean patch put it up and it wouldn't work. Got to messing with it, and the only way it would take pics is if i would take my SD card out and just use the internal memory. But what gets me is the first time i put the camera out about 2 weeks ago it worked fine with the SD card b/c it took several pics of me while walking out. Sorry for the long post, i was pissed yesterday b/c it was 100 degrees here and felt hotter and i'm out there working on this darn thing trying to get it to work. Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 08-09-2007, 07:18 AM
OGW

Default RE: Some Game Cam Problems

Not exactly...but I have had some real fun trying to get the card back out of the camera if it's been in the sun alot that day.
It sounds like the SD Card went bad on you though.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:27 AM

Sounds like the SD card is bad. It isn't a Wildwiew .3 is it ? Plug the SD card in your PC and see if you can move pictures to and from it. If not your card is fried, happened to me. Our .3 Wildview fried one of my cards and I has a cheap reader fry another one. It's been close to 100 around here too. I'm not sure the heat would do that to a card or not, our camera is in shade most of the time.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:34 AM

Sorry forgot to mention what kind of camera it is. It is a Moultrie 3.1mp. Well i took the card out and put it in the camera and took some pics with the camera and it worked fine in the camera. I may have to buy another SD card. The camera is out in the sun all the time at the spot we have it.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:27 AM

Could try reformatting the card. That might work maybe it is not recognizing the format. Otherwise return it.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:45 AM
OGW

Bama, You might be interested in this review:
http://www.chasingame.com/reviews_moultrie.htm#moultrieMFH-DGS-200
Old 08-09-2007, 10:25 AM

Yeh i read that before i bought mine. It was talking about no place to hook up the solar panel, mine has two prongs a hot and negative side that i clip my solar on too. My battery has only been lasting 2 days without the solar panel, but with the solar panel on i went and checked it after 3 days and it was still saying 97%.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:54 AM
OGW

I just got in a couple batteries...literally a few minutes ago, from RAGE BATTERY, that I'll be seeing if I can get a week out of before replacing with a fully charged one.
I hope to get away without a solar panel but will go that route to get that week length of stay for the camera. LOL...I'll have to force myself to wait that long as it is
Old 08-09-2007, 11:33 AM

I like that solar panel. My cam came with one of the rechargeable moultrie batteries and in 2 days that thing is down. Plus at full charge it only shows like 87%.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

try energizer... try without the sd card... your not getting any pics with it so whats wrong with getting 50+ pics without it... also MAKE SURE TO USE THE IR AIM to make sure that the camera isnt pointing into the sky/ground. Looks can be deceiving on where it is aimed... Also go buy a bag of corn and put out in front then set IR aim to ON go over to corn pile and move arm or leg around it. If cam is set a good angle the red light will light up. Go over turn to auto. shut lid... back up wait for light to stop blinking then go by corn pile and make sure cam takes some pics of you then leave for 4 days.. if you do this you WILL have pics given your cam isnt broke or you have no deer in your area....

Quick Reply: Some Game Cam Problems

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.