HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Trail Cameras (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras-84/)
-   -   Do you guys ever use video mode? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras/198065-do-you-guys-ever-use-video-mode.html)

SuperRedHawk 07-17-2007 04:05 PM

Do you guys ever use video mode?

I was wondering why we don't see more trail cam videos here? Is it because of poor quality, or do you justprefer still shots?
I just put out 2 cams and figured I'd see what kind of videos I can get, first time trying it though. We'll see what happens.

janesburg 07-17-2007 05:27 PM

RE: Do you guys ever use video mode?

Sometimes I set my camera to video 30 second clips at a time. My camera will take a picture then video however long you set it. The quality isn't the best unless the deer is right on top of the camera. I have gotten a fewgood clips but don't know how to post the clip.

RackLuster 07-17-2007 05:45 PM

I used video mode all winter long. I have hundreds and hundreds of videos. I just got sick of them. I didn't like watching the 10 second video just to get a look at the deer. I now prefer pics. I would go back to video if they were of better quality, 320 x 240 stinks.

patchholder 07-17-2007 06:03 PM

Is'nt enough room for videos with only 300 and 160 mb offered!

big ten 07-17-2007 06:11 PM

thats all ive been using lately on my i40 is the video mode it takes excellent videos. ive got a coyote that walks by the camera and then sits down in front of it tongue hanging heart pounding it was a hot night. ive got deer too. i know how to post pictures, but not videos. i tried and it wouldnt let me is there a trick to this. do you need a different site to do it or what?

SuperRedHawk 07-17-2007 10:21 PM

Guys, I believe you can upload the video to photobucket, then just copy and paste the url to the thread. Then the viewers just click the link and the video can be viewed.
Try it let see some of those vids!

r33h 07-18-2007 07:23 AM

I haven't tried it yet...I need to though.

Jim_IV 07-18-2007 09:22 AM

i cant get my cameras to work half the time anyway pluss it takes up alot of space

Siman08/OH 07-18-2007 09:31 PM

On mine, the video quality is crap, and it cant them take it at night. The night pictures it takes suck becouse there on low quality and there small. Ill stick to my high quality pics

btw my camera is a 4.1 Cabelas Edition Moultrie.

farm hunter 07-18-2007 09:32 PM

I like the Video when my camera is on a scrape.

I find it interesting what they are doing even if the Quality isn't great - And - often I get a better angle on the video to count points.

FH