HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Trail Cameras (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras-84/)
-   -   Wildview 3.0 - A review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras/196325-wildview-3-0-review.html)

thehairlessone 07-03-2007 07:25 AM

Wildview 3.0 - A review

I got one of these for $99 at cabelas about 2 months ago. I am very pleased with it. The case is a little cheap but I havent had any issues with it. The toggle switches are very easy to use.

The daytime pics are great and the battery life seems great too. I changed out the 1st set of batteries a few days ago so it went 1 1/2 - 2 months on the set. Here are a few photos.

These sure sound better than the earlier models and now they have the 4.0 & 5.0 mp out. As you can see in the last photo it picked up a car driving by. I am very happy with the sensitivity of the cam.

Rick

thehairlessone 07-03-2007 07:30 AM

RE: Wildview 3.0 - A review

Here are a few actual animals photos from the camera. As you can see in the daytime photos they are great. The nitetime pics are so-so. Theyare prettygood if the animals are close enough but if they are further away they leave a little to be desired.

Overall I have to give this camera a B+. For the price it is a heck of a camera. I have owned just about every camera on the market from cuddeback to moultrie and leaf river and this gets my vote in most categories.

rick

RackLuster 07-03-2007 12:51 PM

ORIGINAL: thehairlessone
Overall I have to give this camera a B+. For the price it is a heck of a camera. I have owned just about every camera on the market from cuddeback to moultrie and leaf river and this gets my vote in most categories.
I am the same way. I've owned some of just about every brand and it's really hard to beat the wildview. One thing that's interesting: My wildview 2.0 SEEMS to have a better flash then the 3.0 but the 3 gets better battery life (I never got a month out of alkaline).

I'm buying the first 5.0 I find at Cabelas. Another kind of comparable cam is the stealth i450. It's $140 but performs better then the wildview (it would figure since stealth makes wildview). Trigger time is a solid 2 seconds and the flash is blinding (literally, found that out last night).

Good review and sample pics!

larrywayne 07-03-2007 01:30 PM

i also have the wildview 3.. i just put it up sunday so i havent got to see any of the pictures yet.... but i noticed on your pics that the flash was hitting right on the ground infront of the camera.... i was reading on chasin game and they had the same problem so they tilted their camera up and the flash worked alot better....they said even tho the deer werent centered in the picture it made the flash better.... so u might want to try it out

thehairlessone 07-03-2007 04:11 PM

I will give that a try.

rick