HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Trail Cameras (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras-84/)
-   -   Wildview or the Moultrie I40 (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras/194121-wildview-moultrie-i40.html)

Greenbay 06-12-2007 07:07 AM

Wildview or the Moultrie I40

Just read some reviews like you all suggested and now I am debating between the Moultrie I40 and a wildview. I would like to read some reviews on the Wildview 4 and 5 because the review of the 3 really peaked my interest. Any one have the wildview 4 or 5?

jmjuergensen 06-12-2007 12:18 PM

RE: Wildview or the Moultrie I40

I don't have the Wildview 4 or 5, however, I do have the wildview 2 & 3. I would strongly recommend the Wildview. It doesn't take the most crystal clear pics in the world, but they are definitely good enough for me. I bought one last year, put it out the 2 weeks before rifle opener, and came back to 350 pictures. I'd recommend the Wildview to anyone!

RackLuster 06-12-2007 12:31 PM

i have to second the wildview recommendation. i'm having problems with my moultrie d40. for one thing it just doesn't take as many pictures as my wildview. i've walked right in front of the moultrie several times and it didn't take a picture! That is a fatal flaw for a trail camera!! I have over 3500 pictures just this year alone from my wildview 2.0.

as soon as the moultrie goes through a set of batteries i'm returning it to cabelas for a wildview 4.0

patchholder 06-12-2007 06:58 PM

I always had the thought that the wildview was slow to trigger and the photo quality was poor. Maybe they make a less expensive line andmore exspensive line.

patchholder 06-12-2007 07:19 PM

I just went onto chasingame's review and found that the older wildviews like the 2.0trigger speed is 4-5 seconds and the 3.0 was only 1.5 as is the new moultrie I40 IR 4.0 and the I60. They were very pleased with newer wildview and as for me I would be to considering for the most part I have been happy my older moultries and there trigger time was the same or worse.

bpshorty_9 06-13-2007 11:18 AM

I have a wildview 3.0, i'm extremely happy with it. The trigger time isn't the greatest, but it takes pictures. They're not the greatest or the clearest, but they're decent quality. Theflash is good too, I haven't had any problems with mine yet....

doughboysigep 06-13-2007 05:31 PM

I just got a new Wildview Extreme 4 ($100 at Gander Mt.). Looking forward to trying it - basically the same as previous models as far as configuration. I'm up to 8 cams now. I really have issues.

bigaggie77 06-17-2007 08:03 PM

Lets see some Pic's from the WildView...I just bought one and put it out yesterday...I"m going to wait a week or so before I go check it.

WVSPORTSMAN 07-26-2007 02:06 PM

I have the I40, in the field for three weeks now. Battery life still above 95%. Trigger speed about 1.5 to 2 seconds. Good enough for use on trails. I've taken pictures of bears out to 60/70 feet in hot weather. I would suggest it to anyone. The only down side that I have experience is the rubber ring around the case will pull out from time to time when you open it. It is a good idea to build a box for it. Another issue I've had is that ir takes pictures during the day time alot. Filmware from moultrie is on the way for late August to fix it hopefully. If you over tighten the strap for the tree you can cause a leak issue, that's why it's good to build a box for it(also helps with bears that like to tear them down). I have really good pictures from it if anyone is interested in seeing them, just let me know.....

ALWAYS.....GOOD HUNTING

RackLuster 07-26-2007 02:13 PM

another cam you may want to look at (if you haven't already purchased one) is the stealth i450. I like my wildviews but the stealth performs better in almost every aspect.