Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Moultrie 200

Old 04-16-2007, 12:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default Moultrie 200

I purchased a Moultrie 200 from Bass Pro a month ago for $119.00 and just got around to playing with it and all I can say is WOW! I have several of the older Cuddebacks and this camera blows them away. User interface is much simpler, pictures are great, I love the Temp and moon phase, the display is great and best of all, the trigger speed is the same as the Cuddebacks. I will be buying more of these. I set it up in my back yard and got several pics of my dogs just walking by
Old 04-16-2007, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Moultrie 200

Yep it's a great cam for the money, and you got a really good price too.
I think I paid 139 for mine [:'(]
Old 04-16-2007, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have a feeling the Cuddeback guys are gonna get their feathers ruffled over your post...lol. glad to hear responses like yours. i haven't had time to set mine up yet. there are just so many mixed reviews. most reviews about the 200 are good with the only complaint being trigger speed. however i have read that some people's200's have only a 1-3 second trigger speed while some are saying 6+ seconds. i heard cold weather slows the trigger speeds down some but where i hunt....it RARELY get's below 80 degrees.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:41 PM
Fork Horn

I'm gonna set one of my Cuddebacks up right next to the Moultrie and see what happens. Mine seemed to trigger as soon as the dog walked near it, I actually thought it may have been quicker than what I was used to withthe Cuddeback. Hey, I've been a big Cuddeback supporter for years, but when they redesigned them last year they ruined them IMHO.[]
Old 04-17-2007, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

let us know how the 200 compares to the Cudde.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:46 PM

I have 6 Moultre's and they take okay pictures but the triggers are slow. I did a test on the Moultre' vs Swamp Ghost Trail Camera in my back yard a few months ago. My son could walk completely across the yard sometimes 2 times before the Moultre' would take a picture. The SG would take sometimes 3 pictures going across so you didn't miss anything. I feel that the Moultre' is good if you have a big pile of corn where they will be there a while to catch movement and then take a picture.I figured out that if a Moultre' was watching a trail you would miss the first deer and hopefully catch the second or third. I have all these pics on my site.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

They most certainly need to be set where the quarry will walk in or walk away at an angle where they are in the trigger window longer, verses walking by cross ways. Not to scare anyone but i just received my fourth moultree 200 after sending the first three back after developing failer with them. But when they are working, im completly satisfied with em, other than the pics where it looks like light bulbs screwed into there heads at night. [8D]
Old 04-17-2007, 02:19 PM
Fork Horn

Well my test today showed the Cuddeback to have a slightly better trigger speed than the Moultrie. I still like the User interface much better and will set the moultries up looking up or down a trail, or over a scrape.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:52 AM
Typical Buck

New Moultries are coming out soon I hear. Next month?
Old 04-18-2007, 08:35 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Parrot Head

New Moultries are coming out soon I hear. Next month?
Parrot, do you know if they'll be improving the trigger speeds on them?

Quick Reply: Moultrie 200

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.