Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Which Trail Camera? >

Which Trail Camera?

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Which Trail Camera?

Old 03-16-2007, 04:41 PM

Default RE: Which Trail Camera?

i have a cuddeback and like it.as far as bears go i think that they sell a metal cover for things like that.good luck
Old 03-17-2007, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buy a steel case that you can enclose the camera in.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:04 PM

I have a moultrie and love it. As far as bears we have a bunch. I built a wooden cage for mine and attach it to the tree with a locked chain it works great.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cuddeback's good? I think they are terrible!!! I'm not going to go into all the reasons but they are well documented by others. Biggest waste of $450 in my life. I'M SERIOUS!!!!!

I've tried many digital cams but the only one I've had in the woods since December is a Wildview 2.0. They run about $100.

Pro's:
- price
- ease of use (easiest out there!)
- pic quality (not as good as some but much better thent the popular stealth wd2)
- small and easy to conceal.
cons:
- battery life (you'll need a 12v battery attachment which will last over 3 weeks)
- trigger time (close to 5 seconds)

I keep mine in video mode during the day and flash at night. I have well over 3000 pictures from that little camera (i got mine out of the cabelas bargain cave for $37!)

This is my 7th year using trail cameras and the wildview is the only digi i'd buy again. I am curious about some of the new models coming out though. If you aren't going to use it until this fall's rut I would definitely wait for the '07 models.

Good luck and have fun with it!
Old 03-18-2007, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

go to http://www.chasingame.com/

excellent site for figuring out what cam you want & will work for you

I have several:
1) older Cuddeback 3.1 (great cam, some picture quality issues that will hopefully be taken care of soon)
2) new Cuddeback Excite (decent cam but has some designe flaws)
3) (2) Wildview 2.0 (good cams for the price, definitely want the 12 V battery pac)
3) Wildview 3.0 (same as above)
4) Bushnell 1.3 (had picture quality issues - returned it)
5) Bushnell 2.1 (Bushnell replaced the above with this cam - great customer service; haven't used it yet)
6) had a few Stealth Cams versions - still have one (never had good luck - poor battery life and trigger speed; the one I still have is ok, but wouldn't get another - maybe new models are better - they make Wildviews, which I like)
Old 03-20-2007, 11:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

o.k., i have 2 picked out that i'm interested in...the Moultrie 4.1 and Wildview Xtreme 3.

i have read good reviews on the the Wildview Xtreme 3 but i could not find any reviews on the Moultrie 4.1. Cabela's has the Wildview for $99.99 and the Moultrie 4.1 for $149.99. do any of you have personal knowledge on either of these two?
Old 03-23-2007, 10:14 AM

Not sure if you have a Cabelas nearby, but I just bought a Moultrie Game Spy 200 (3.1) last night for $99 at the Hamburg store in PA. They are on clearance, must be making room for the 2007 models.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:12 PM

Cuddeback has very good sensors and infared pics also you can buy a bear box for Cuddeback which protects the camera from bears it is also very inexpensive or you could just make one with some metal we did that and it covers our $400 camera and it has been attacked by a bear and it held up just fine. It is a pain though taking it off to look at your pictures.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:43 PM
Fork Horn

www.trailghost.com

There is no comparisson. You get what you pay for and you can remove the camera from the unit for external use.

Here are two of my trail cameras going off at the same time.

Old 03-23-2007, 04:48 PM
Fork Horn

Another Pic from last spring!

Quick Reply: Which Trail Camera?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.