Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Wildview Extreme 3 v. Cuddeback Excite v. ? >

Wildview Extreme 3 v. Cuddeback Excite v. ?

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Wildview Extreme 3 v. Cuddeback Excite v. ?

Old 01-23-2007, 12:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default Wildview Extreme 3 v. Cuddeback Excite v. ?

I am about to purchase my first trail camera and have been reading reviews until my eyes hurt. I am considering the Wildview Extreme 3 or the Cuddeback Excite. I want a trail camera to set up in the woods, not over bait or a feeder, so trigger time is important. Chasingame.com gives both of these cameras good reviews on trigger time. Cuddeback seems to get poor reviews about weather resistance and customer service from many owners. I would appreciate any suggestions from anyone who has used either of these cameras in the field, or will take suggestions on a different trail camera. BTW if you have a good used trail cam for sale, PM me with any offers. Thanks. Charlie.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wildview Extreme 3 v. Cuddeback Excite v. ?

Hey Charlie. I think everyone on here knows my experience with Cuddeback. I will never again own one even if they give them away. I have 2 of the wildviews out right now and in testing they seem to work great. I will be looking at checking them sometime in the next month so until then I really can't tell you how they are doing in the woods. I can say that I found a great deal on them which is why I bought 2. I paid less then half of what the one cudde cost me. Good luck but I would say use your money to buy several cheaper ones or ANYTHING else.