Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Ordered a Moultrie 200! >

Ordered a Moultrie 200!

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Ordered a Moultrie 200!

Old 01-02-2007, 11:50 PM

Default Ordered a Moultrie 200!

Hey guys,

Just wanted to say I ordered a new Moultrie 200 + rechargeable battery + charger for $172 (dunno how good of a deal that is.) I had the option to get a "solar panel battery charger" for an extra $15 but I didn't think I'd need it that bad.

I also ordered a new 1GB (should be more than enough) SanDisk Secure Digital memory card.

So whenever they both arrive I'll have to put them in my woods. My woods are only to acres but it's in the middle of nowhere. There are coyotes, wolves, deer, linx, bobcats, racoons, and all of the little creatures like squirrels and whatnot. I can't wait to get them!

If any of you are Moultrie 200 owners, how long do your batteries typically last (without the use of a solar recharger)?

Have any general advice/tips I can use for when I receive my Moultrie 200?

Thanks all,
Andrew
Old 01-03-2007, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ordered a Moultrie 200!

I just got a Moultrie 200 as well (Christmas present)! I put mine out in the woods the other day and I can't wait to see what the pics look like. From what I have read, the cold, cold weather will really shorten battery life. I have even read as sort as a couple of days! I would get the solar panel recharger (I know I plan to) and your battery life will be greatly increased! I bought a 1 GB SD memory card as well, which is the biggest size the Moultrie 200 can hold. Congrats on the camera and show us some pics when you get them!!!
Old 01-03-2007, 07:20 PM

Ya can get the combo package on ebay With the solar pannel for $183.
I highly recomend the solar pannel with the rechargeable battery. Cold weather kills batteries real fast otherwise. Unless you have a bait pile you won't need such a huge card either. I get by with a 128MB card just fine but I do check the camera at least every other week.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:45 PM

Thanks for your posts guys. I see the solar panels are only about $10-15.

How long do you guys reckon the 6-volt rechargeable Moultrie battery lasts normally? (it said 6 weeks but that could always be overstated by the company to get you to buy it.)
How long might it last during cold weather (like maybe 10-40'F)?

I usually go down to my two acres at least every two weeks (to clear brush and whatnot.) So as long as the battery can make it at least a couple of weeks or more during any weather conditions I'll be satisfied.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

You should not have a problem getting a couple of weeks out of it. I have gotten a month easily from mine. It takes great pics. The only thing is the trigger time is a bit slow compared to the top of the line models. Just make sure you put it in front of a scrape, bait, or facing towards a well used trail to allow time for a trigger. If the critter does'nt stop, you may get alot of empty pics. Good luck!
Old 01-04-2007, 06:34 PM
Typical Buck

I have one and love it, my battety will last about 3 weeks and will take around 750 pics, the cold does hurt the life of it, but i live in Al where it normally stays warm
Old 01-04-2007, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: andrgo

Thanks for your posts guys. I see the solar panels are only about $10-15.
Where did you find the solar panels for $15? Was it on Ebay??
Old 01-05-2007, 02:13 PM

Yahoo! Camera came in the mail today, now all I need is my SD card. Just out of curiosity, what the heck is "IR Aim" and should I be using it? Thanks a lot guys.

@r33h: Actually they're about $25 (including shipping) on eBay. I was looking at the item price alone, not shipping. $25 isn't too bad though I guess.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:33 PM

IR aim is that little laser up at the top that helps you align your camera, yes use it, it is at the same height as the sensor so you know where the sensor is pointin....
Old 01-05-2007, 08:18 PM

Are you sure? Because all I had to do to use the laser was switch the power switch to "AIM" at the very right and then the laser came on.

Quick Reply: Ordered a Moultrie 200!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.