Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 carmras spook big deer >

carmras spook big deer

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

carmras spook big deer

Old 11-28-2006, 07:54 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: carmras spook big deer

ive not had problems w/ my camerasscaring deer. this big 10 has been pretty photogenic, having his picture taken a couple times every time i put my camera out, sometimes 7 or 8 minutes at a time. it doesnt disrupt patterns either, he came by one night at 3:12 and the next nite at 3:13, so i really dont think it spooks him.

btw this was taken w/ a moultrie game watcher 2.1 mp on standard res just a couple days before season started in WI
Old 11-29-2006, 04:04 AM
Fork Horn

I think the best thing about no flash cameras is they don't alert human trespassers to their presense.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: answerguy

I think the best thing about no flash cameras is they don't alert human trespassers to their presense.
Good point, but I really like the color pictures vs. the black and white from the no flash.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:12 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: janesburg

ORIGINAL: answerguy

Good point, but I really like the color pictures vs. the black and white from the no flash.
yeah these are both good points...you take a chance losing a camera everytime you put it out, but theres a greater chance that ull lose one w/ a flash. and id rather have a black and white photo then lose a camera. tough choice if i had to pick one...but right now my trail camera isbroken so i have a 100% chance of not losing it.

in reply to the original post....i have never had any problems with the flash spooking big bucks (at least when my cam worked).
Old 11-29-2006, 10:06 PM

Actually guys the light from the flash doesn't spook them it's any noise coming from the camera ie. 35mm that winds automatically. Most of the newer digital cameras make virtually no noise when they take a picture and the flash is like a flash of lightning and doesn't scare them.

[/align]
Old 12-14-2006, 07:01 PM

I agree with "lasagna" the flash just brings them to attention and the noise from the camera is what spooks them...
Old 12-18-2006, 07:49 PM

I have sat in my stand and watched deer after deer stand in front of my camera with the flash going off and they don't even raise there head to see what it is. If I was a camera company and needed to try and sell the new cameras with infared sensors that don't flash i would tell people that the flash spooks deer also, don't believe everything you read when a new product comes out. If the camera flash spooks deer they will check it out and come back to it, just like when people hunt and they spook a deer, they come back around the area as soon as the all clear is given.