Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

where to set up

Old 11-06-2006, 06:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default where to set up

Hi guys. I have just brougt a new camera and am new to this, where would be an ideal place to set up. I have seen a lot of doe action and want to see what sort of bucks are in the area.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: where to set up

If you're looking to get pics of alot of bucks, this is the perfect time of year to set your camera over a big fresh scrape under a branch that appears to be chewwed or rubbed on. I've found these scrapes get visited by all sorts of bucks, so it will give you a good idea of whats out there. hope this helps, oh and you can put some scent on the scrape and freshen it up if you want, or just leave it alone. hope this helps. what kind of camera did u get?

Old 11-06-2006, 07:13 PM
Typical Buck

I brought the 3.1mp Moultrie. Hopefully it has not problems...if it works well i will probably get a coulpe more. The rut here in AL dosen't kick off untill Mid Jan, so i have plenty of time to get them patterened and pick a couple out
Old 11-06-2006, 08:33 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck!
Old 11-06-2006, 08:42 PM
Typical Buck

Ive got the moultrie 2.1 mp and it takes great pics, the only problem ive had w/ it was lately when i tried putting my memory card in it it says "SD LOCKED" and wont take ne pics, but since i got the usb cable thingy to get the pics from my camera's internal memory onto the computer, its not a big deal. good luck
Old 11-07-2006, 05:27 AM
Fork Horn

I seem to be having some kind of problem with my moultrie. The camera is in a spot by my home where I can often see the flash go off in the night but when I ckeck it there is no photos on it.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schobs

Ive got the moultrie 2.1 mp and it takes great pics, the only problem ive had w/ it was lately when i tried putting my memory card in it it says "SD LOCKED" and wont take ne pics, but since i got the usb cable thingy to get the pics from my camera's internal memory onto the computer, its not a big deal. good luck
Don't know if this fixs your problem or not, and you may already know this, but the SD card can be locked to where it can't be written on. There should be a little switch to flip to unlock the card so it can be written on or read from. I throw that out there because sometimes I overlook the smallest things.