Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Leaf River or Cuddeback >

Leaf River or Cuddeback

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Leaf River or Cuddeback

Old 10-16-2006, 08:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default Leaf River or Cuddeback

I'm looking at the Cuddeback Excite or Expert and the Leaf River 6.3mp, their new one for this year.

Does anyone have the Leaf River 6.3? Their website says they've updated their trigger speed to kick in faster. How much better is it? I have a friend that got one several years ago and it was ok but it definitly was slower than others I've seen.

Is a cudde worth the extra money? I see the difference btw the excite and expert is it worth $75 for the expert?
Old 10-18-2006, 10:30 AM

Default RE: Leaf River or Cuddeback

I have an older Leaf River with the slower trigger. Just got a cudde back IR and its faster, but I don't like the pics as much. I'm not getting more big bucks with IR verses regular either.

Anyway, to me the LR was a better buy. If the trigger speed is now improved I will get that next for sure. I hope someone can answer that for us!
Old 10-18-2006, 08:53 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks TR. I went ahead and bought a Cuddeback Expert off ebay for $325NIB free ship. The LR 6.3 was 280.00 + 15 ship. I hunt in Alabama and most of my deer are caught running up and down trails. Not over a feeder where they will be standing there forever. I figured I'd spend a little more and get what I know has a fast trigger. I would still like to know on the LR if the trigger has been improved. I have a friend that got the LR IR last year and it has a 2sec trigger. Thats 2 secs to slow in my book. He likes it but has had quite a few pics with nothing in it especially at night.

If anyone is interested I got the CBexpert for $325 free ship. A 512MB CFcard for $9.50w/ship. A 1gb CF Card for $16w/Ship. and a usb reader for $6.00. Can't beat Ebay.

Cam should be here tomorrow. I'll test it out over the next few weeks and give a report.

Old 10-21-2006, 10:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Hunting Forums Review - Leaf River Digital Game Camera -
Old 10-22-2006, 08:13 PM
Fork Horn

Any reviews on their new 6.3mp model. I know the older ones are slow. I may buy one for christmas and start phasing out my home brew 35mm's.

My cuddeback is super fast. Not as fast as my home brew 35 but very close. Takes it about 1sec or less. My home brew is a little quicker but not much.