Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder > Traditional Muzzleloading Forum
A Dozen Shots With The .50 TC/GM Renegade >

A Dozen Shots With The .50 TC/GM Renegade

Traditional Muzzleloading Forum Firearm Types open for discussion: Pre-Flintlock, Flintlock, & Side-lock Percussion. Smoothbores, Muskets, Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols & BP Revolvers, only

A Dozen Shots With The .50 TC/GM Renegade

Old 12-04-2018, 09:22 AM
Typical Buck

I like sisters who are bad! . I’ll take either one as long as it has a GM LRH bbl on it.

Last edited by edmehlig; 12-04-2018 at 09:33 AM.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

They all ware Simmons 4X ProDiamond Shotgun Scopes.

They do have some virtuous cousins.

Last edited by Semisane; 12-04-2018 at 11:45 AM.
Old 12-04-2018, 03:37 PM
Typical Buck

They are all beautiful women!! If you ever want to get rid of that Renegade Squirrel Rifle let me know!
Old 12-15-2018, 09:23 AM
Typical Buck

sinful sisters lol
Old 12-22-2018, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Since when did a scoped sidelock shooting saboted projectiles become traditional?

BPS
Old 12-23-2018, 04:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Ever since I declared them to be so BPS. DO NOT question the Semisane.

(SIDE NOTE: I was one of the few forum members who opposed breaking out a separate Traditional forum from the Black Powder Forum, reasoning that most members would be reading the posts in both forums anyway.)

Last edited by Semisane; 12-23-2018 at 05:35 PM. Reason: To add side note.
Old 12-23-2018, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm aware of that... so why didn't you post it where it belongs?

BPS
Old 12-24-2018, 05:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Aw come on BPS, don't get so hung up on this title thing.

I was shooting GOEX black powder out of a side lock percussion gun with a scope and using a sabotted bullet. I kinda` figured a sidehammer with black powder fit the Traditional forum best.

Just for fun, consider this. We have a Black Powder Forum with a Traditional Muzzleloading sub-forum. So where do you post if you're shooting an inline muzzleloader using Blackhorn 209? Your rifle doesn't fit in the "Traditional Muzzleloading" forum and your powder, which in no way resembles black powder, doesn't fit in the "Black Powder" forum.

So deciding where to place a post can be a coin flip. Does a scope on a side hammer make it non-traditional? Certainly there's documentation of telescopic sights being used in the mid-1800's. Is a modern scope a no-no, but a replica of an early brass tube sight OK? Would a paper patched bullet fit in the Traditional Forum? If so, is a bullet in a sabot closely related to a paper patched bullet? Perhaps as closely related as Blackhorn is to black powder? DAMMIT! Now I have a headache. .

Last edited by Semisane; 12-24-2018 at 11:44 AM.
Old 12-24-2018, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

How about this? I'll dissolve my membership to this site so guys like you can have your way. Then you can also request that the traditional forum be dissolved so you won't have to read two forums that are related but still different. I'm not sure why they called the original forum "Black Powder" I questioned that in the past and never got a straight answer. I got sick of the arguments that constantly arose between those who prefer modern style ML firearms vs those of us who prefer traditional. I own scoped muzzleloading rifles and shoot them on occasion but they're not my "go to". If I sit down for a shooting session or hunt with one and want to talk about it, I'd post it in the "Black Powder" forum, not the "Traditional" forum. You can have it your way if you'd like, just say the word.

BPS
Old 12-24-2018, 08:17 PM
JW
Super Moderator

There are posts all the time within the Black Powder forum that would have been better suited in some other forum.
You boys also posted "OFF TOPIC" items which treated the BP forums as more of your own public posting ground.
Many of us let that slide.

I see a Traditional firearm with a few Modern tweaks.
Nothing more nothing less. It's not worth arguing over guys.
Santa is still watching us know.

JW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.