Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder > Traditional Muzzleloading Forum
A Dozen Shots With The .50 TC/GM Renegade >

A Dozen Shots With The .50 TC/GM Renegade

Traditional Muzzleloading Forum Firearm Types open for discussion: Pre-Flintlock, Flintlock, & Side-lock Percussion. Smoothbores, Muskets, Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols & BP Revolvers, only

A Dozen Shots With The .50 TC/GM Renegade

Old 12-25-2018, 04:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've enjoyed "breaking bread" with many of you over the years but it's time for me to part ways. God speed to those who remain.

BPS

Last edited by Blackpowdersmoke; 12-25-2018 at 04:31 AM.
Old 12-25-2018, 05:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

Heck BPS, I hate to see you departing over this. I wasn't trying to have my way, only explain why I posted this thread in the Traditional forum. I must have expressed myself poorly to upset you so.

I remember the days when we had much more activity in the Black Powder forum and, as JW mentioned, were a congenial community that treated the forum as our own little campfire conversation. No one was offended if one of the guys posted off topic regarding a successful fishing trip, a great vacation, or even the purchase of a new cartridge gun. I sure don't remember
arguments arising between those who prefer modern style ML firearms vs those of us who prefer traditional. It may have occurred but if it did it didn't stick in my memory. The only controversy I recall had to do with one member being frequently challenged for posting his opinions as "facts".

Like you I have a number of rifles; in-lines, caplocks, and flintlocks. Some are scoped. Many are not. I enjoy shooting and talking about them all and try to fit them in the correct forum.
Old 12-25-2018, 07:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

I dont recall hardly any modern vs traditional "hot topics" on this forum. I am completely indifferent about each having their own sections. If it loads from the muzzle its a ML as far as im concerned but if a traditionalist wants a sub forum thats fine. I would agree the name should have been "Muzzleloading" instead of "Black Powder". Very few use real black powder anymore simply because subs are much easier to get and cleaner than real black. Some subs are even fine in sidelocks but i dont see anyone getting their panties in a wad about it. At least not on this forum. In all honesty though using a sub at all is about as far as you can get from a traditional method. They were not even invented until after modern H&R inlines came out. Smokeless powder had been out for roughly 100 years before Pyrodex.

Just a FYI, wooden sabots date back to around 1820s.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 12-25-2018 at 07:28 AM.
Old 12-25-2018, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator

When I first saw BPSs criticism of the post, I decided to look into his other previous posts to see if this was an ongoing issue. I'm not familiar with the black powder posters, and didn't want to make an issue out of nothing. But I also didn't want someone continually giving people problems for posting.

What I found was lots of great and informative posts from BPS. I also found many interactions between semisane and bps in the past, and they all seemed to be friendly and cordial to me. So I decided it was just a friendly poke between two long time members, and no issue.

I guess what I'm saying is.... This seemed like a non-issue to me. And seems like a silly reason for a long time member to leave the forum.

One of the "special" things about the black powder section of this forum is the relationships built between the members. There are lots of off topic threads, from simple things like "merry Christmas" posts to posts asking how certain members are who haven't logged on for awhile. These are technically all off topic to the section, but because of the community here, the mods support posts like this.

BPS, if there is actually an issue with threads being in the wrong place etc, send me a PM with some details and examples that I can bring to admin that could help the situation.

Also if there are suggestions to make changes on the forum such as changing the black powder title to something more appropriate, let us know. We have admins ear and they will at least hear out any suggestions that we have. Not all the changes are made every time, but it's a chance. And with ample evidence and better suggestions it might be something that we can get changed.

Hope you stick around.

-Jake

​​​
Old 12-25-2018, 04:29 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Have at it Jake....all yours.

JW
Old 12-26-2018, 07:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Better
Muzzleloading Discuss topics about muzzleloader hunting and shooting.

Some of us shoot them way more than we hunt with them. The recreational shooters AND hunters tend to be far more informed than the guy who buys one just to extend his hunting season.
Old 12-26-2018, 08:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yep. One forum for all Muzzloading, and Festivus for the rest of us.

Last edited by Semisane; 12-26-2018 at 08:30 AM.
Old 12-26-2018, 09:08 AM
Typical Buck

"Black powder" includes breech loaders and many other guns that folks load with black powder including cartridge guns, many that were originally designed for use with BP but not exclusively.
Some examples are the Colt SAA [single action army], revolvers used for cowboy action shooting and BP cartridge guns that were converted from muzzle loaders like the trap doors, rolling blocks and other military guns & their black powder cartridges.

The world of "black powder" shooting is much larger than simply muzzle loaders and the name of the black powder forum is a reflection of that.
It makes sense to separate the different subjects.

"The .45 Colt cartridge which is sometimes called .45 Long Colt, .45 LC, or 11.43×33mmR, is a handgun cartridge dating to 1872. It was originally a black-powder revolver round developed for the Colt Single Action Army Revolver. This cartridge was adopted by the U.S. Army in 1873 and served as an official US military handgun cartridge for 14 years."--->>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.45_Colt

I suppose many folks also didn't realize that the Houston Astros baseball team was originally named the Houston Colt .45's.from 1962-1964.

A Dozen Shots With The .50 TC/GM Renegade-colts-giveaway-jersey-2012-09-21.jpgA Dozen Shots With The .50 TC/GM Renegade-image_resize.cgi.jpg

Last edited by arcticap; 12-27-2018 at 05:26 AM.
Old 12-26-2018, 09:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Old 12-27-2018, 09:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Semisane
LOL That's just way too funny!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.