Community
Traditional Muzzleloading Forum Firearm Types open for discussion: Pre-Flintlock, Flintlock, & Side-lock Percussion. Smoothbores, Muskets, Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols & BP Revolvers, only

Good golly its cold

Old 01-04-2018, 10:12 AM
Typical Buck

Sounds like that farmer wisened up BPS.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:49 AM
Typical Buck

muzzy season begins here in ohio on sat the 6 of jan friday nite lows -3 deg & saturday hi is 5 nothing is going to move unless it is pushed .will be in geauga county hopefully the amish will push but somehow i don't see alot of people heading out on saturday. monday going to be 35 deg more likely deer will be out feeding & tuesday hi's are 40 deg better yet. but not alot of hunters will be out on mon & tuesday.
Old 01-05-2018, 06:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Monday it's supposed to be in the 30s. Yaaay!!! Right now as I type this it is a cozy 3*!
Old 01-05-2018, 07:15 AM
JW
Super Moderator

It was so cold in northern Wisconsin at the range my first shot cracked the paper target in half.

JW.

-24°F
Old 01-05-2018, 06:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by c-rad
We had a decent day on Saturday hunting. Had 18 guys killed 2. Biggest issue was the guns not going off. It was rough keeping the pan dry. It was nice having deer out on every push except 1.
If they are using FFFF for priming, have them drop down to FFF or even FF...I typically reprime every 30 minutes or so when raining or very damp conditions...
Old 01-07-2018, 06:21 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by nchawkeye
If they are using FFFF for priming, have them drop down to FFF or even FF...I typically reprime every 30 minutes or so when raining or very damp conditions...
I use FFF usually. It was just bad conditions. High winds and snow. When using FF do you get a lot of misfires?
Old 01-10-2018, 10:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

Temps got close to or just above freezing and tracks started appearing everywhere. Nothing in them yet that I've seen! Hopefully this afternoon. Next two days is supposed to be raining.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hey Bronko, I have a good recipe for Track Stew if you want it.
Old 01-10-2018, 03:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Semisane
Hey Bronko, I have a good recipe for Track Stew if you want it.
I think my season is over. I was sneaking down an old snow covered strip mine road and stepped on some ice under the snow. One second I was scanning the woods on either side of me and the next I was looking at the tree tops. I came down pretty hard on my back and smacked my head on the frozen ground My back is really hurting right now. And to make matters worse I plugged my bore with snow and put a crack in my custom curly maple stock opposite the lock from the top down through the lock retaining screw. About 2" long.
Old 01-10-2018, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
I think my season is over. I was sneaking down an old snow covered strip mine road and stepped on some ice under the snow. One second I was scanning the woods on either side of me and the next I was looking at the tree tops. I came down pretty hard on my back and smacked my head on the frozen ground My back is really hurting right now. And to make matters worse I plugged my bore with snow and put a crack in my custom curly maple stock opposite the lock from the top down through the lock retaining screw. About 2" long.
That sucks. Heal fast.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.