Community
Traditional Muzzleloading Forum Firearm Types open for discussion: Pre-Flintlock, Flintlock, & Side-lock Percussion. Smoothbores, Muskets, Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols & BP Revolvers, only

2017 deer hunt is over

Old 10-16-2017, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job Ron, and great pics as always! God, that old Honda 90 takes me back to a happier time!

BPS
Old 10-16-2017, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 10-17-2017, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

You are able to find parts for the 90?

The one i owned years ago was stolen; didn't have the resources to replace it. Young children needed all we had.
What an excellent trail bike those 90 are! Nothing better for negotiating steep switch backs. Having both front and
back brakes on the handle bar allowed for having both feet close to the ground. Liked it better than the tote gote,
and the cushman. Having the rear brake on the handle made it so much better for serious trail work than the two cycle bikes.

We added a bigger sprocket, which coupled with the low range made a real work horse for any trail. We rode ours down
the Middle Fork of the Salmon, and fished. Also rode into the Rapid River. Easy riding for the 90, and carried plenty for camping.
Later when motor were outlawed, walked into the same places. Wow, it was a long walk, and could only carry freeze dry food.
Was hungry, and unsatisfied on those walk in camps. The salmon we hooked were too big for us to land. It was weird hoping to
catch a small salmon to eat. It was much more fun having the bikes, and be able to carry regular food. However, i can still see
those huge salmon jumping clear of the water, and taking us down river as fast as we could run to save the line on the spool.
They looked to be four foot long, but probably weren't.

Yes, the old 90 sure work good! ☺

_

Last edited by ronlaughlin; 10-17-2017 at 05:07 AM.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes parts are around but they are expensive.