Community
Traditional Muzzleloading Forum Firearm Types open for discussion: Pre-Flintlock, Flintlock, & Side-lock Percussion. Smoothbores, Muskets, Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols & BP Revolvers, only

I agree, roundballs do work.

Old 01-28-2018, 06:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Falcon, is that a boat trailer crank on that rig?

Yes it is. It has 1/4" cable on the winch.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hunters_life
Falcon, is that a boat trailer crank on that rig?
These winches work great. My club has been using them on our skinning shed for years.

Old 02-11-2018, 04:05 AM
Fork Horn

Pete (Muley) posted on another messageboard that in Colorado, new regulations say the roundball must be 50-cal for deer and 54-cal for elk.
Old 02-24-2018, 08:55 AM
Banned

Indeed, patched balls work beautifully! That hog video was made by hawgslayer, he did a great job with his first ever video. I forget how much brats and sausage he got off that one.

Round balls sure knockem stiff!
Old 03-19-2018, 02:51 PM
Spike

PRB...
logically, they'll not that aerodynamic and loose energy quickly, too much spin and they veer off (that's why ball shooter have sloooow twist rifling)...my GPR is 1:60-66

But DAH-HAM they are fun to shoot, easy to cast and so dang traditional that when I'm out I can imagine what it must of been like 'back in the day'.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:54 PM
Spike

Problem now is CA lead laws have pretty much made PRB's wall hangers, range toys and black-powder club meet/rendezvous shooters...

Gaaawd I want out of CA...
Old 03-21-2018, 10:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Who says your balls have to be lead???
Old 03-21-2018, 01:50 PM
Spike

There is a tin/bismuth alternative I found on rotometal and amazon, Tombob makes non-lead RB but are expensive.

for violating CA ban I found this on the Bill/law write up on the legislature page:

"...A person who violates any provision of this section is guilty of an infraction punishable by a fine of five hundred dollars ($500). A second or subsequent offense shall be punishable by a fine of not less than one thousand dollars ($1,000) or more than five thousand dollars ($5,000)..."