Community
Traditional Muzzleloading Forum Firearm Types open for discussion: Pre-Flintlock, Flintlock, & Side-lock Percussion. Smoothbores, Muskets, Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols & BP Revolvers, only

Whos up for some entertainment?

Old 12-23-2016, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
you want some real laughs, ask some of the wonders behind sporting good counters at the larger "Box Stores" when they give out their advise on how the muzzle loader shoots, and what it can do. It will make you cringe!
I make casual sport out of the morons. My sadistic side gets a real giggle when I ask them a question, that of course I know the answer to, and they try to come off all intelligent when in fact everything they are saying is total horse manure.
Old 12-23-2016, 09:18 AM
Banned

Shame too because he was a great speaking voice. Just his educational view is way off. The pellet crushing deal was just what really got under my skin. Just the dumbest thing I've seen so far.
Old 12-23-2016, 12:00 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
you want some real laughs, ask some of the wonders behind sporting good counters at the larger "Box Stores" when they give out their advise on how the muzzle loader shoots, and what it can do. It will make you cringe!
300 yards,easy!
Old 12-23-2016, 07:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
Sales staff at those places are strongly encouraged to sell the most expensive option and appear to be 100% clueless when it comes to actual use of the product they are pushing. Sean Rich is a self proclaimed expert and the owner of Tortuga Trading but cant even load a PRB properly.
There are 2 individuals, older gentlemen, at the Cabelas in Hamburg,PA that are truly knowledgeable about muzzleloaders and I regularly have long discussions with them when I'm down there if they are available. Now I must agree that some of the other big chains, when you ask about a ML product they look at you like a deer in the headlights!
Old 12-23-2016, 07:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Now that Louisiana and Mississippi allow exposed hammer single shot cartridge rifles for the "primitive" season you can hardly find muzzle loading supplies in any of the stores. Even the Cabala's has greatly reduced its stock. And don't even bother asking a question about muzzle loaders there unless you want a chuckle.
Old 12-23-2016, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
Now that Louisiana and Mississippi allow exposed hammer single shot cartridge rifles for the "primitive" season you can hardly find muzzle loading supplies in any of the stores. Even the Cabala's has greatly reduced its stock. And don't even bother asking a question about muzzle loaders there unless you want a chuckle.
Semi,

I pray to God and Sonny Jesus that PA never does anything that stupid. We have a one week early, doe only ML season when any style muzzleloader .44 caliber or larger for rifles and .50 caliber or larger for pistols with any style sights (excluding lazer sights) are allowed. I think that's progressive enough!!

BPS
Old 01-21-2017, 05:10 AM
Fork Horn

That Guy is a joke! He is wrong on just about every point. I wouldn't want to be in the same Zip code as him during one of his shooting sessions.
Old 01-21-2017, 08:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Maybe he gets all his info from Traditions.