Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder > Traditional Muzzleloading Forum
Speaking of Old Eyes and Iron Sights >

Speaking of Old Eyes and Iron Sights

Community
Traditional Muzzleloading Forum Firearm Types open for discussion: Pre-Flintlock, Flintlock, & Side-lock Percussion. Smoothbores, Muskets, Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols & BP Revolvers, only

Speaking of Old Eyes and Iron Sights

Old 09-15-2016, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesAddict

Your life is about to change for the better. You'll notice colors and how bright white is again.
Congrats!

Told you life was about to change......
Old 09-15-2016, 12:19 PM
Dominant Buck

Good to hear. When they did my last eye I actually woke up right at the end of the operation. And the doctor must have noticed as he asked me, "are you awake?" And I told him yep! After the lens was in, I was reading all sorts of things as I lay there. I had mine done a month apart. And like you, am 20/20 in both eyes. Then I use a 1.75 reading glasses to read and do computer work.

So you got your eye patch there? And the drops of course. Glad to hear it went well.
Old 09-15-2016, 12:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

When they did my last eye I actually woke up right at the end of the operation
Cayugad, they didn't put me under at all - only an injection "to relax you". I was awake throughout the procedure. I could tell when she was breaking up and vacuuming out the natural lens, and when she was attaching the new one. But no pain.

BarnesAddict, when I got home I realized that the pants I was wearing, which I thought were black, were actually dark blue. Now I have to go out and buy some black pants.
Old 09-15-2016, 05:17 PM
Typical Buck

GREAT NEWS Van!!! When can you start shooting again?
Old 09-15-2016, 05:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

At my post-op exam today I asked the surgeon how soon I could resume shooting and riding an ATV through the bumpy woods. She said "not today, but tomorrow will be OK".
Old 09-15-2016, 06:20 PM
Dominant Buck

Wow.. mine made me wait a week. You are lucky. When you get the other one done you will be shocked how well you see.
Old 09-15-2016, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
Cayugad, they didn't put me under at all - only an injection "to relax you". I was awake throughout the procedure. I could tell when she was breaking up and vacuuming out the natural lens, and when she was attaching the new one. But no pain.

BarnesAddict, when I got home I realized that the pants I was wearing, which I thought were black, were actually dark blue. Now I have to go out and buy some black pants.
Great to hear it came out well.. They would HAVE to either put me out or put on the big boy tie downs. Natural reaction for me with someone coming at my eyes, face, head, is to break whatever appendage is closest. I flinch when the doc is putting the eye tool thingamabobby to look in my eye in my face.
Old 09-16-2016, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to hear that all went well for you Semi, wish I was as fortunate. They can't fix the glaucoma I have, just keep it under control.

BPS
Old 09-16-2016, 12:09 PM
Fork Horn

Semi,
I'm a firm believer that a one eyed man can be King in the land of the blind. That's why I live in KY...Lmbo
Glad your surgery has worked well for you.
Old 09-18-2016, 03:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Glad it went well Semi!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.