Community
Traditional Muzzleloading Forum Firearm Types open for discussion: Pre-Flintlock, Flintlock, & Side-lock Percussion. Smoothbores, Muskets, Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols & BP Revolvers, only

possibles bags

Old 05-12-2016, 11:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hey Semi is right. I always check them out when my wife drags me into those thrift stores. I still haven't found one that looks "manly" enough though.
Now if you get a purse like my wife carries around you can put all your possibles, food, tent and much more. Darn thing puts an army duffle bag to shame.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Hey Semi is right. I always check them out when my wife drags me into those thrift stores. I still haven't found one that looks "manly" enough though.
Now if you get a purse like my wife carries around you can put all your possibles, food, tent and much more. Darn thing puts an army duffle bag to shame.
My wife carry's what I lovingly call "the black hole"!!
Old 05-13-2016, 07:31 AM
Dominant Buck

The idea of a ladies large leather handbag is not all that unreal. I have seen men who did exactly that. Picked up a leather purse (they like the kind with a front flap) for a better word at a thrift store. Then they pulled all the brass buckles, snaps, etc. With some leather needles, they added some buckskin strips around the end of the flaps and actually when finished they had a high dollar possible bag that looked pretty good. It looks like it was home made. But it beats spending hundreds of dollars for a custom one.

If your not into the entire mountain motif, and simply want a practical, easy to clean, numerous pockets, possible bag you can make a good one out of old blue jeans. If your sensitive about the jeans, dye them black. But you have a numerous pocket possible bag for something you should throw away anyway. I'd hate to think how many old pair of jeans I have floating around the house.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
The idea of a ladies large leather handbag is not all that unreal. I have seen men who did exactly that. Picked up a leather purse (they like the kind with a front flap) for a better word at a thrift store. Then they pulled all the brass buckles, snaps, etc. With some leather needles, they added some buckskin strips around the end of the flaps and actually when finished they had a high dollar possible bag that looked pretty good. It looks like it was home made. But it beats spending hundreds of dollars for a custom one.

If your not into the entire mountain motif, and simply want a practical, easy to clean, numerous pockets, possible bag you can make a good one out of old blue jeans. If your sensitive about the jeans, dye them black. But you have a numerous pocket possible bag for something you should throw away anyway. I'd hate to think how many old pair of jeans I have floating around the house.
I am thinking abou doing my own leather bag I used to make leather belts and other leather items many many years ago I'll just have to do a little research on how to do them ? Thanks !!
Old 05-20-2016, 02:45 PM
Spike

There are a few vendors at Friendship that make and sell bags. Some designs I've seen have been wonderful and well built.
I wish I could recall the names, but theirs one maker in particular in the 'sheep shed' that I see ever year.
I took him an original shot snake of unusual design and I asked if he would make me and my friend one. He now makes and sells this design along with others.
I'll try to get some info when I'm there in June.
Old 05-20-2016, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 52bore
There are a few vendors at Friendship that make and sell bags. Some designs I've seen have been wonderful and well built.
I wish I could recall the names, but theirs one maker in particular in the 'sheep shed' that I see ever year.
I took him an original shot snake of unusual design and I asked if he would make me and my friend one. He now makes and sells this design along with others.
I'll try to get some info when I'm there in June.
ok thank you !
Old 05-21-2016, 01:29 PM
Fork Horn

Ok fellers; have there been enough transgender BS. Never thought I would log in here to hear grown men discussing women's purses...lmao
Old 05-21-2016, 02:31 PM
Banned

Now you boys can take your purse into the bathroom and not get picked on! Woowoo. Just remember to match it to your shoes that you are wearing that day.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
Just remember to match it to your shoes that you are wearing that day.
I ain't never found a purse that was covered with mud and grass stains and sometimes some remnants of recycled dog food!