HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Traditional Muzzleloading Forum (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/traditional-muzzleloading-forum-169/)
-   -   grrw-ca rifles and pistols (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/traditional-muzzleloading-forum/404079-grrw-ca-rifles-pistols.html)

muzzlestuffer 01-23-2016 05:16 AM

grrw-ca rifles and pistols

well i heard from buck yesterday if you haven't already got the news the pricing for the rifles and pistols is out and it's not bad at all it's right in line with some of the custom builders pricing. i'm looking forward to buying one rifle and pistol i just can't decide on the caliber(s) that's the hard part i'm getting a full stock hawken in the .50-.58 cal ? leaning towards .54 or .58 i'm going to use it for big game like deer and elk i guess i have time to make up my mind. i don't own a flintlock so not sure if i want to make it in flint ? too many tough decisions !! what are you guy's going to get if you buy one ?

Muley Hunter 01-23-2016 05:20 AM

Why don't you post the prices?

I'd get the .58 for elk if you're talking about a PRB.

Of course i'd get the half stock caplock. For me, that represents the plains/Hawken rifle.

muzzlestuffer 01-23-2016 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter (Post 4241510)

i'm not sure i know how to transfer the e-mail do you know how to do that mh ?

muzzlestuffer 01-23-2016 05:23 AM

i already have a .58 big boar that is a tack driver but i like the .58's !

Muley Hunter 01-23-2016 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by muzzlestuffer (Post 4241512)
i'm not sure i know how to transfer the e-mail do you know how to do that mh ?

Just copy/paste. Can you do that?

Muley Hunter 01-23-2016 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by muzzlestuffer (Post 4241513)
i already have a .58 big boar that is a tack driver but i like the .58's !

You have everything to shoot a .58 then. Easy choice. It will also take some weight off the barrel too. Hawken barrels are heavy.

muzzlestuffer 01-23-2016 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter (Post 4241515)
Just copy/paste. Can you do that?

not sure i'll try and i only want to copy part of the e-mail so give me some time to try i only have a little bit before i run out for a while. if i can't get before i leave i'll work on it when i get home.

muzzlestuffer 01-23-2016 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter (Post 4241517)
You have everything to shoot a .58 then. Easy choice. It will also take some weight off the barrel too. Hawken barrels are heavy.

i have everything to shoot pretty much all the calibers out there that's not an issue for me but you are correct on the weight issue not that it would be a major concern for me especially for a hunting rifle but i'm leaning towards the .58 for the rifle for sure. i tried to upload pricing and it keeps saying invalid file dang it !!

muzzlestuffer 01-23-2016 05:55 AM

Of course i'd get the half stock caplock. For me, that represents the plains/Hawken rifle.

i think i got it ?

Muley Hunter 01-23-2016 06:00 AM

You put it in pdf form, but that will work.

The prices are cheaper than I would have thought. No where near a custom built gun. More along the lines of one of the mid priced kit guns.

edit....Oops! I should have read it first. Those prices are just for the labor for them to build it. You have to buy the parts separate. I'll never be able to afford one.