Traditional Muzzleloading Forum Firearm Types open for discussion: Pre-Flintlock, Flintlock, & Side-lock Percussion. Smoothbores, Muskets, Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols & BP Revolvers, only

grrw-ca rifles and pistols

Old 01-23-2016, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
You put it in pdf form, but that will work.

The prices are cheaper than I would have thought. No where near a custom built gun. More along the lines of one of the mid priced kit guns.

edit....Oops! I should have read it first. Those prices are just for the labor for them to build it. You have to buy the parts separate. I'll never be able to afford one.
i had to do pdf that's the only way for me to figure it out ! lol well that sucks that you can't spring for one even though i can afford it i'm probably going to do some safe cleaning if you know what i mean i find myself not wanting do deal with the modern stuff too much anymore !
Old 01-23-2016, 10:23 AM
Fork Horn

The prices aren't quite as bad as I thought they might be...don't think I can swing one though.
Old 01-23-2016, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, there not too far above TVM's prices for a custom rifle. You can get a Lehman through TVM for around $1300 and you can have it built in flint or perc. and any caliber from .32 - .58 but I see GRRW only offers it in .40 and .45

BPS

Last edited by Blackpowdersmoke; 01-23-2016 at 12:21 PM.
Old 01-23-2016, 12:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Wow, a full stocked custom flintlock for $1875 (top end)! That is one heck of a price. I just may start selling a couple CFs off myself and grab one.
If I do it's going to be a 36" .58.
Old 01-23-2016, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Wow, a full stocked custom flintlock for $1875 (top end)! That is one heck of a price. I just may start selling a couple CFs off myself and grab one. If I do it's going to be a 36" .58.
Go for it Bud... ya only live once!

BPS
Old 01-23-2016, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, a full stocked custom flintlock for $1875 (top end)! That is one heck of a price. I just may start selling a couple CFs off myself and grab one.
If I do it's going to be a 36" .58.
i think i'm going with a .58 as well i wish you could get a percussion and a flint for the same stock ?
Old 01-23-2016, 04:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Blackpowdersmoke
Go for it Bud... ya only live once!

BPS
Originally Posted by muzzlestuffer
i think i'm going with a .58 as well i wish you could get a percussion and a flint for the same stock ?
There is a good possibility I may just to that BPS. But it will have to wait until I get back up north. I may even sell off a couple of my other MLs. I'm growing more fonder of the .54 and .58 over the .50.
IMO they are just better game getters. Especially the .54.
My current stock of T/Cs with GM barrels may be on the selling block when I get back home as well as some CF rifles.
MS - didn't I read that they make combos? Just swap out barrels and lock and you'll be good to go.

I have so many questions such as what kind of wood for the stocks, brand of lock and barrel, twist rates? What kind of finish is available - blued or browned? If I decide to go this route I would like a curly maple stock. Not sure what locks are available. I'd like either a L&R or Siler.

Last edited by bronko22000; 01-23-2016 at 04:31 PM.
Old 01-23-2016, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

There is a good possibility I may just to that BPS. But it will have to wait until I get back up north. I may even sell off a couple of my other MLs. I'm growing more fonder of the .54 and .58 over the .50.
IMO they are just better game getters. Especially the .54.
My current stock of T/Cs with GM barrels may be on the selling block when I get back home as well as some CF rifles.
MS - didn't I read that they make combos? Just swap out barrels and lock and you'll be good to go.

I have so many questions such as what kind of wood for the stocks, brand of lock and barrel, twist rates? What kind of finish is available - blued or browned? If I decide to go this route I would like a curly maple stock. Not sure what locks are available. I'd like either a L&R or Siler.
you will be able to go over all that when your gunsmith gets hold of you for your build just make some notes of what you want and he will let you know if it's doable ?
Old 01-26-2016, 09:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Any idea how long the waiting list is? I sure wouldn't want to go on a waiting list and not wait so long as to be too old and feeble to hunt with it!!
A full stock flintlock Hawken looks real nice in the pics on their site.
The half stock Missouri River Hawken looks good too. Hmmmm wonder if there's a discount on a multiple purchase...:-)
Old 01-26-2016, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Any idea how long the waiting list is? I sure wouldn't want to go on a waiting list and not wait so long as to be too old and feeble to hunt with it!!
A full stock flintlock Hawken looks real nice in the pics on their site.
The half stock Missouri River Hawken looks good too. Hmmmm wonder if there's a discount on a multiple purchase...:-)
no idea yet but i will keep you informed as i find out ! i think i'll get a matching pistol in .58 cal ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.