Community
Traditional Muzzleloading Forum Firearm Types open for discussion: Pre-Flintlock, Flintlock, & Side-lock Percussion. Smoothbores, Muskets, Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols & BP Revolvers, only

New bulk cap holder

Old 01-19-2016, 01:09 PM
Banned

Default New bulk cap holder

I bought this and it came in today. Very happy! Made of brass with a deer antler stopper. Not sure exactly how many caps it holds but its plenty for a mountain man in the rockies for a month.

Last edited by MountainDevil54; 09-23-2018 at 01:02 PM.
Old 01-19-2016, 01:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Cute, but I prefer a capper.
Old 01-19-2016, 01:41 PM
Dominant Buck

Nice looking addition to the possibles bag.
Old 01-19-2016, 02:40 PM
Dominant Buck

I have a brass one made by Ted Cash that holds A LOT of caps. And it actually releases one at a time and you can cap your traditional rifle with it. A real nice unit. I also have some straight line cappers which work good, and hold 10 caps each. Nice for hunting.

That one looks real nice. So you pull out the antler and then shake a cap into your hand?
Old 01-19-2016, 02:43 PM
Banned

yep, just pull the plug and tip it upside down. Its not so much a capper but something to hold bulk caps so you can refill your main capper. I use leather cappers as they dont poke you in the rear end when you put it in your back pocket.
Old 01-19-2016, 02:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Aww that's so cut MD...LOL. Almost looks like a modified snuff box. I guess if you wanted to tote around a bunch of caps it would be nice. But seems to me it may be about as noisy as a baby's rattler in the possibles bag. I prefer an inline capper. I carry one in my shirt pocket with a cord on and the other end of the cord has a nipple pick. I also carry two more in my possibles bag. I figure about 30 caps should be plenty for whatever I would need.
Old 01-19-2016, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
I have a brass one made by Ted Cash that holds A LOT of caps. And it actually releases one at a time and you can cap your traditional rifle with it. A real nice unit. I also have some straight line cappers which work good, and hold 10 caps each. Nice for hunting.

That one looks real nice. So you pull out the antler and then shake a cap into your hand?
cayugad,

Is that the one I'm thinking of? It's the one you slide the top plate open and dump your loose caps in then just give it a gentle shake and it self-orients the caps all into the same position ready to be placed on the nipple. Mine is made of German Silver. It's a great capper if your rifle's nipple is fully exposed, but a bit to fuss with if you have a "flash cup" on. It won't work with percussion revolvers either.

I have a couple of Ted's straight line cappers as well and they work for any perc firearm. That company makes a very good product IMO.

BPS
Old 01-19-2016, 03:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'd like to see a link to those cappers Cayugad and BPS if you don't mind.
Old 01-19-2016, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
I'd like to see a link to those cappers Cayugad and BPS if you don't mind.
Here ya go Bud...

http://www.trackofthewolf.com/List/Item.aspx/3/1

The ones I have are the models CAPPER-P and CAPPER-TC-S

The capper TC-S is the one you dump the caps in and give it a shake and it will orient the caps all into the right position... don't ask me how, it must be magic!

BPS
Old 01-19-2016, 05:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
yep, just pull the plug and tip it upside down. Its not so much a capper but something to hold bulk caps so you can refill your main capper. I use leather cappers as they dont poke you in the rear end when you put it in your back pocket.

Use a front pocket.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.