Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder > Traditional Muzzleloading Forum
Is my guns and loads acceptable topics here? >

Is my guns and loads acceptable topics here?

Traditional Muzzleloading Forum Firearm Types open for discussion: Pre-Flintlock, Flintlock, & Side-lock Percussion. Smoothbores, Muskets, Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols & BP Revolvers, only

Is my guns and loads acceptable topics here?

Old 01-18-2016, 01:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

No need for word nit picking. I had a couple suggestions too but were declined with a reasonable and logical explanation. It time to just move on and enjoy this forum without the constant bickering like in the regular forum. If you don't like the guidelines set forth earlier in this thread then by all means feel free continue using the regular black powder forum.
I would also suggest not to air the dirty laundry out here in the open but go through PMs. By using that method any negativity will not be brought into the forum. Amen!
Old 01-18-2016, 01:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Semisane
OK guys, here's the fix. We're going to have thirteen forums, as follows.

The 209 Inline Break Open Action Blackhorn Powder Forum
The 209 Inline Break Open Action Any Powder Forum
The 209 Inline Bolt Action Blackhorn Powder Forum
The 209 Inline Bolt Action Any Powder Forum
The #11 Cap Break Open Action Forum
The #11 Cap Bolt Action Forum
The Flintlock Forum - open sights & round balls only
The Flintlock Forum - any sights/any projectiles
The Caplock Forum - open sights & round balls only
The Caplock Forum - any sights/any projectiles
The Other Stuff Forum - percussion cap revolvers, cannons, mortars, etc.
The Muzzleloading Reference Forum (Good Ideas Only)
The Muzzleloading Reference Forum (Any Stupid Old Idea)

These will provide sanctuary for shooters not wishing to be exposed to any weapon, powder, sight, or projectile he does not personally use or agree with.
Semi - that's not nice!
I think the guidelines set forth earlier are OK after having a private and logical discussion on the reasoning for this forum. Whatever the title of the forum doesn't really matter. It may be misleading to some but the regulars will know what it is for.
Old 01-18-2016, 01:16 PM
Fork Horn

Nuff said.... Amen...
Old 01-18-2016, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I thought you were a flintlock shooter? I would think you'd want a real traditional forum?

I don't really care. I have lots of traditional forums to post on. I just feel if you're going to call it traditional make it traditional. Otherwise, just call it a sidelock forum, and call the other one an inline forum.

Simple.
Muley,

I shoot both flint and sidelock percussion rifles and pistols and I also have a percussion revolver. I have yet to try a BP shotgun but intend to. I also have several scoped inline rifles and one scoped sidelock that I shoot on occasion with conicals (RB's in my little .32) and I know where to take that discussion when the time comes. And like you... I belong to other forums as well.

Just in case some of you are wondering... I AM NOT A MODERATOR!

BPS
Old 01-18-2016, 02:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Did I say you were a mod?
Old 01-18-2016, 02:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bronko22000
No need for word nit picking. I had a couple suggestions too but were declined with a reasonable and logical explanation. It time to just move on and enjoy this forum without the constant bickering like in the regular forum. If you don't like the guidelines set forth earlier in this thread then by all means feel free continue using the regular black powder forum.
I would also suggest not to air the dirty laundry out here in the open but go through PMs. By using that method any negativity will not be brought into the forum. Amen!
I never understand posts like this. Why is it that things can't be discussed without someone thinking it's an argument? It's a discussion with everybody giving their opinion.

Stop being so damn sensitive.
Old 01-18-2016, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
OK guys, here's the fix. We're going to have thirteen forums, as follows.

The 209 Inline Break Open Action Blackhorn Powder Forum
The 209 Inline Break Open Action Any Powder Forum
The 209 Inline Bolt Action Blackhorn Powder Forum
The 209 Inline Bolt Action Any Powder Forum
The #11 Cap Break Open Action Forum
The #11 Cap Bolt Action Forum
The Flintlock Forum - open sights & round balls only
The Flintlock Forum - any sights/any projectiles
The Caplock Forum - open sights & round balls only
The Caplock Forum - any sights/any projectiles
The Other Stuff Forum - percussion cap revolvers, cannons, mortars, etc.
The Muzzleloading Reference Forum (Good Ideas Only)
The Muzzleloading Reference Forum (Any Stupid Old Idea)

These will provide sanctuary for shooters not wishing to be exposed to any weapon, powder, sight, or projectile he does not personally use or agree with.
You forgot #11 Cap, plunger action, any sights, homecast lead conicals
Old 01-18-2016, 05:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Semi - that's not nice!
I think the guidelines set forth earlier are OK after having a private and logical discussion on the reasoning for this forum. Whatever the title of the forum doesn't really matter. It may be misleading to some but the regulars will know what it is for.
Sorry `bout that Bronko. I did not intend to be not nice. Nor did I even consider what might be nice or not nice. I was attempting to reinforce my point that instituting too many distinctions can be counterproductive.

Let me say outright that I too think the guidelines set forth earlier are OK. They are clear enough and I can certainly live with them.

I guess when the thought of breaking out a traditional forum arose I viewed the issue with tunnel vision. I assumed the objective was an inline forum and a sidelock forum. It never even occurred to me that a much more limited traditional forum was being proposed. Frankly, the level of interest in that limited type of forum surprises me.

So now we have a traditional forum. A range session with my .54 caliber 1:70 twist Green Mountain Renegade shooting patched balls will not be welcome in the traditional forum because the gun wears a scope. That's OK. I'll just post that session in the "regular" forum. (And I bet you read it ) And when I shoot some XPT's out of my peep sighted TC Hawken with the .50 GM 1:28" twist barrel I can post that in the regular forum also. (And I bet you read it ) And when I try sabots and .40 caliber Deep Curls in the recently acquired open sighted .45 caliber Pedersoli/Hatfield flintlock with it's 1:48" twist I'll post that in the regular forum also. It's all good, really. But the "traditional" forum will certainly get a lot less action than would a "sidelock" forum.

Thinking back as to why the HNI Black Powder forum was my absolute favorite muzzleloading forum (and possibly the most active ML forum on the Net) I know it was because it was the one forum that included all muzzleloaders with no limitations as to type of action, or powder, projectile, sight, etc. I'm sure HNI will still be my favorite. But instead of looking at one forum I'll be bouncing between two - and reading most of the threads in both. I bet just about every one of you will also.
Old 01-18-2016, 06:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Why wouldn't you post the Pedersoli here?
Old 01-18-2016, 06:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Why wouldn't you post the Pedersoli here?
Because of the projectile.
And when I try sabots and .40 caliber Deep Curls in the recently acquired open sighted .45 caliber Pedersoli/Hatfield flintlock with it's 1:48" twist I'll post that in the regular forum also.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.