Community
Traditional Muzzleloading Forum Firearm Types open for discussion: Pre-Flintlock, Flintlock, & Side-lock Percussion. Smoothbores, Muskets, Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols & BP Revolvers, only

I'm ordering this

Old 01-20-2016, 08:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Y Very barrel heavy, but mine was a .45, the .54 will be better unless they use a thicker barrel.
I know what you mean about front heavy. I had a .45 Renegade. There was quite a bit of steel surrounding that little hole. Made for a heavy, all be it and accurate rifle.
Old 01-20-2016, 09:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

I went the Pedersoli site. It doesn't look good for not being barrel heavy. The .54 weighs 1/2lb more than the .45. That leads me to believe the .54 has a thicker barrel, and even though it has a bigger bore it's heavier. The problem is the stock is very light and doesn't balance the barrel. Plus, a 39" barrel has a lot of leverage against the short butt stock.

You might love the gun. It was my first time going from a Hawken to a long rifle. I didn't like it much. It seems like a horrible design and has no balance.
Old 01-20-2016, 09:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

That's OK. I tend to hold a muzzle heavy rifle steadier when shooting offhand.
Besides, I'm getting it because I like the classic lines of the long rifle.
Old 01-27-2016, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
When I get to FL I'm going to place my order for a Pedersoli .54 Blue Ridge Flintlock. This flinter has a 1:65 twist. Should be a great RB shooter. I've read a lot of reviews on it and can't find anything bad about them.
bronko, I know this thread is several days old but I have not been on much lately. I hate to hear your delivery was delayed.

But I did want to tell you I have the exact same ML. I absolutely love mine! I am what I would call recoil sensitive given my small frame but even with 100g of Goex, I don't find it uncomfortable to shoot at all. I honestly think it's because of the design.

It shoots much better than I can, that's for certain. I have zero complaints. If you have any questions, I'll be glad to help in any way I can.
Old 01-30-2016, 07:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by TNHagies
bronko, I know this thread is several days old but I have not been on much lately. I hate to hear your delivery was delayed.

But I did want to tell you I have the exact same ML. I absolutely love mine! I am what I would call recoil sensitive given my small frame but even with 100g of Goex, I don't find it uncomfortable to shoot at all. I honestly think it's because of the design.

It shoots much better than I can, that's for certain. I have zero complaints. If you have any questions, I'll be glad to help in any way I can.
Good to hear. I've been doing a lot of searching and I can't find any negative reviews on this rifle. I do have a .54 flintlock barrel ordered for my T/C Hawken stock.
When I get back up north I'm going to be selling a lot of CF rifles. Only going to keep one bolt action, a couple lever guns and my black rifles. Going to start using my muzzys almost exclusively.
Old 01-30-2016, 07:44 PM
Banned

may want to rethink that bronko. With all the anti gun stuff coming out each year, I'd only sell off the truly non useful ones that are not very practical or just an odd ball caliber.