Traditional Muzzleloading Forum Firearm Types open for discussion: Pre-Flintlock, Flintlock, & Side-lock Percussion. Smoothbores, Muskets, Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols & BP Revolvers, only

I'm ordering this

Old 01-16-2016, 10:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't think they made it in lefty, or I would have got one.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:04 PM
Fork Horn

Course you know...pics when the time comes Bronko.
Old 01-16-2016, 07:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by quigleysharps4570
Course you know...pics when the time comes Bronko.
I guess. delivery is due 23rd
Old 01-17-2016, 02:13 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Well I couldn't wait until I got to FL. I just placed my order and having it shipped there. As for getting a lefty version I've been shooting RH flinters for about 40 years so I'm used to the flash a couple inches from my nose. I do have a buyer for my Hawken that I had in the classifieds to recupe some of the funds. I just hope he doesn't back out - right B? Then if I sell the Knight I'll be in good shape. That Knight is a real great buy. A nice clean rifle with excellent bore and trigger.
Wow I know you guys love smoke but.......
I hope you don't have a beard could go up in one big flash
Old 01-17-2016, 05:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
Wow I know you guys love smoke but.......
I hope you don't have a beard could go up in one big flash
I'd make an ugly mountain man. I can't grow a decent beard. I did have one a while back that was more like a goatee.
The only time I ever suffered any harm from a RH flintlock was shooting off the bench and had my right hand too close to the frizzen. At the shot the flash from the pan shot out to my wrist giving me a nice burn and embedded unburned powder under my skin that stayed there as a reminder for many years.
Old 01-17-2016, 09:23 AM
Dominant Buck

I see that comes in two different twists. Interesting. That looks like a fine rifle. Never owned a Pedersoli but I have read a lot of good things about them. I really like flintlocks. So much so I have been tempted to see off my collection of everything not rock lock. But then, I find it so hard to part with any rifle I have...

I have considered another custom rifle. But in a .62 caliber rifle ... not musket. think that would be a lot of fun shooting large chunks of lead like that.
Old 01-17-2016, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
NO - I'm in FL now and they are shipping it right to the house down here. As for the price, it wasn't much more than a Lyman GPR. Maybe this summer I can come up your way and we can do some shooting. Or we can meet and go to my cabin for a weekend of making white smoke. My cabin is in Clinton Co., 10 miles east of Renovo and about the same distance from Fin,Fur and Feather if you know where that is?
That sounds like a good time Bud...

I don't know where Fin, Fur, & Feather is but I know where Renovo is, it's about 2 hrs Southwest of where I live.

BPS
Old 01-17-2016, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
I see that comes in two different twists. Interesting. That looks like a fine rifle. Never owned a Pedersoli but I have read a lot of good things about them. I really like flintlocks. So much so I have been tempted to see off my collection of everything not rock lock. But then, I find it so hard to part with any rifle I have...

I have considered another custom rifle. But in a .62 caliber rifle ... not musket. think that would be a lot of fun shooting large chunks of lead like that.
Dave,

That's one caliber I always had a hankerin' for. Maybe because none of the fellas I hunted with had one. Talked to a local builder in my area some years ago about having a full stocked .62 Hawken built but his waiting list was backed up 6-7 years so it never happened. Probably should have got on the list then, doubt I could afford it now.

BPS
Old 01-17-2016, 01:35 PM
Fork Horn

I have a pedersoli Rock lock but in .36 and I absolutely love it. I have contemplating whether I should purchase a .54; however, due to the lack of space in my gun safe I believe I will need to wait for another safe first.
Old 01-18-2016, 04:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by cayugad

Yeah, the .50 comes in a 1:48 and the .54 in 1:65. I looked at the reviews on them and I couldn't find one negative. That was my cue to jump on one. I was going to get a GPR but I have enough of that style with the T/Cs. I wanted a long rifle and a custom the way I wanted was $3450 at Ft. Chambers. This was considerably less. With my Cabelas points I was able to get it delivered for just over $500.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.