Community
Traditional Muzzleloading Forum Firearm Types open for discussion: Pre-Flintlock, Flintlock, & Side-lock Percussion. Smoothbores, Muskets, Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols & BP Revolvers, only

Finally.... and long overdue!!

Old 01-14-2016, 02:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

wup-wup-wup-wup-wup.....Hey Moe, Hey Larry.....we got a new forum. NUK< NUK NUK......

BPS - I ain't trying to ruffle feathers. I think this is going to be a great forum. I will likely only go to the others occasionally.

But we do have to keep the weasel at bay....I'm sure you will agree on that!!!!

Last edited by bronko22000; 01-14-2016 at 03:00 PM.
Old 01-14-2016, 03:12 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
wup-wup-wup-wup-wup.....Hey Moe, Hey Larry.....we got a new forum. NUK< NUK NUK......

BPS - I ain't trying to ruffle feathers. I think this is going to be a great forum. I will likely only go to the others occasionally.

Not a great way to start Bronko. That is your second strike.
Knock off the cheap shots and enjoy the forum. I will add.... this forum was created to provide a place for like minded traditional BP fans to enjoy. It was not created as a forum to abuse the rules or to flame one another. JW, Calhunter and myself will be watching this forum closely.
Old 01-14-2016, 04:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

CI I understand what our saying but please note that any reference to the Borecleaningweasel is purely good natured. Those of us that have been on this forum for a long time know that this ID is purely fictitious by one of our fellow members in an attempt to "lighten the mood" when threads would start to get heated. I would never comment to have any member stifled from adding input to a forum. Will any other members who remember "the weasel" please chime in before I get banned for just trying to get a little laugh to start this forum off.
I just searched and said fictitious member had not posted since 2011.

Last edited by bronko22000; 01-14-2016 at 05:09 PM.
Old 01-14-2016, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
Knock off the cheap shots and enjoy the forum. I will add.... this forum was created to provide a place for like minded traditional BP fans to enjoy. It was not created as a forum to abuse the rules or to flame one another. JW, Calhunter and myself will be watching this forum closely.
Yes CI I agree,

And it's a good thing that you fellas are gonna put the "hairy eyeball" on this forum for awhile but please bear with us. This traditional forum is still infantile. Many who've elected to come aboard have been members for a long while and have been through a spat or two with flamers, bashers, whiners, etc., or those who seem to have nothing better to do than stir a pot so let's not be quick to "throw the baby out with the bathwater" so to speak.

As for the regular site... well, maybe that one needs some closer scrutiny as well. I believe in our discussion prior to starting this new forum was that one of the priorities put forth to the administrator was that it would help this site to grow. This is true... but it should grow on both ends of the spectrum, not just here in the traditional forum.

And sorry bronko... but the "borecleaningweasel" thing must have been before my time...

Thanks again CI,

BPS

Last edited by Blackpowdersmoke; 01-14-2016 at 05:08 PM.
Old 01-14-2016, 05:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Come on guys. You all know me. I have a great sense of humor but I also have a lot of respect for other members. Even when I don't agree with them. I state my opinion but I don't "flame" anyone.
Old 01-14-2016, 05:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Blackpowdersmoke
Easy there bronko buddy... don't be too hasty to strap the gloves on! I'm sure there will be "rough edges" from time to time, but let's all show the MODS that we can behave as gentlemen and get along. They were diligent in bringing this forum to us so let's show them we appreciate it!

BPS
Thank you BPS and it was our pleasure to help you with your request. Self moderation is the goal for us. Have fun and make this sub section of the BP forum the benchmark for all black powder sites. You guys own this....congrats

CI & JW
Originally Posted by bronko22000

Originally Posted by Blackpowdersmoke
Yes CI I agree,

And it's a good thing that you fellas are gonna put the "hairy eyeball" on this forum for awhile but please bear with us. This traditional forum is still infantile. Many who've elected to come aboard have been members for a long while and have been through a spat or two with flamers, bashers, whiners, etc., or those who seem to have nothing better to do than stir a pot so let's not be quick to "throw the baby out with the bathwater" so to speak.

As for the regular site... well, maybe that one needs some closer scrutiny as well. I believe in our discussion prior to starting this new forum was that one of the priorities put forth to the administrator was that it would help this site to grow. This is true... but it should grow on both ends of the spectrum, not just here in the traditional forum.

And sorry bronko... but the "borecleaningweasel" thing must have been before my time...

Thanks again CI,

BPS
BPS - I'm sure you have been on here long enough to remember the fun we all had with Borecleaningweasel? You of all people should know I don't bust on anyone unless its in fun. I'm sure Cayugad, MountainDevil, and especially Semisane know all about the character in question.
Old 01-14-2016, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

bronko...

Listen Bud... I'm not throwing you under the bus, you know that. I really know nothing about this "borecleaningweasel" thing... what was that supposed to be about anyway? I do agree that they should watch this thread closely because I'm sure that when it get's rolling along, there are gonna be some who wanna try and get away with the same crap they did when it was one forum. This one is fresh and maybe now's the time to single out to those who just enjoy picking a fight so it can be made clear that they can take it elsewhere.

BPS
Old 01-14-2016, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

bronko...

I'm gonna send you a PM...

BPS
Old 01-14-2016, 05:53 PM
Fork Horn

Good to see this forum.
Old 01-14-2016, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by quigleysharps4570
Good to see this forum.
quigley...

Welcome aboard!!

BPS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.